Chapter 1: Death Or New Life?

Sunrays fell on Agastya's face and he slowly opened his eyes. He looked and realised that he was lying on the hospital bed. He tried to sit up but felt unbearable pain on his body. He gave up and sighed.

"Arrey arrey kya rahe hai? Pure do din baad hosh aaya hai aap ko. Abhi body par itna stress mat di jiye. If you need anything then tell me." Said the nurse while giving him injection.

"When....will I.... get discharged?" He asked with difficulty.

"Jab aap thode fit ho jayenge tab. Waise discharged hone ki bohut zaldi hai aap ko? You must be missing your family so I'm calling your family member inside. You'll feel good after meeting her."

Agastya frowned hearing that and asked, "Family member?"

"Yeah she is waiting outside. Aap rukiye, main bhejti hoon unko."

Saying that the nurse went outside. Agastya became puzzled thinking of what the nurse said. He didn't have any family. Then whom the nurse was talking about?

The nurse went outside and said to Sukoon, "Patient ko hosh aa gaya. Aap andar jaa ke unse mil sakti hai."

Sukoon smiled hearing that. She looked upwards and said, "Thank you Babaji. Aap ne meri sun li."

Then she asked the nurse, "Abhi jaau?"

"Yeah sure." Replied the nurse.

Sukoon went inside and saw Agastya lying. There were several plasters on his body. Sukoon felt bad seeing him like this.

She sat near his bed and asked, "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah but.... Who are you?" He asked looking at her.

Sukoon frowned and said, "Aap ki yaadast toh badi kamzor hai. Do do baar mil liye phir bhi yaad nahi rehta."

Agastya tried to remember and finally he recognised her.

"Sukoon!" He uttered making her smile.

Flashback...

Agastya was devastated after Rumi left him. He couldn't focus on his work anymore. He cancelled all his shows. His situation was totally messed up. All the day he used keep himself engaged in consuming alcohol. He thought like this he would be able to get over Rumi but everything went in vein. He burnt everything which belonged to her but it didn't work either. The house where he was staying had a lot memories of Rumi which were haunting him. So at last he decided to leave the house.

One day he was packing his bag and his friends, Rishabh and Farah, were trying to stop him.

"Bhai tu kya kar raha hai? Since when you became so coward? You are running way from your problems? Like seriously?" Said Rishabh.

Agastya gave a sarcastic smile and said, "You can call me whatever you want. Lekin agar main yaaha ruka, toh Rumi ki yaadein mujhe jeene nahi dengi. Iss takleef ko jitna ho sake kam karne ke liye, mujhe yaaha se jaana hoga."

"Agar tujhe lagta hai bhag jaane se teri takleef kam ho jayegi, toh tu iss duniya ka sabse bada gadha hai. You want to get over her, right? Then come with me. I'll arrange dates for you. Nayi ladkiyon se milega, thoda enjoy karega, toh tu usse apne aap bhul jayega. And you are handsome, talented, one of the top theatre directors in India, you'll get anyone yaar."

"Oo really? Then why didn't I get Rumi? Hai koi jawab tere paas?"

Rishabh became quiet.

"Tere liye yeh sab kehna asan hai. Because you never fell in love. I did. And this shi*ty thing has ruined my life. Now I'm broken beyond repair. Yeh jakham jo mere andar hai, yeh kabhi bhar nahi sakta. Bas isse thoda kam karne ke liye main jaa raha hoon. In your words, I'm running away."