Chapter 8: A Threat

Thank you all for supporting this story. Bas vote karte rehna plz. And enjoy reading.
______________________________________

Few more days passed while Agastya understood that he was being attracted towards Sukoon. He wanted her to stay with him all the time. He was liking her presence. But he was not sure whether it was love or just a mere attraction. He was confused about his own feelings.

It was the night before the wedding anniversary. Sukoon was going to Agastya's room when she suddenly met him at the corridor.

Sukoon smiled and said, "Accha hua tum mil gaye. Main tumhare hi room mein jaa rahi thi. I have something for you. Close your eyes."

"Close.... But why?" asked Agastya.

"Offo tum sawal bohut karte ho. Just do what I am saying."

Agastya sighed and closed his eyes.

Till now Sukoon was hiding something behind. She brought it in front of him and said, "Now open your eyes."

Agastya opened his eyes and saw a packet in Sukoon's hands. He took the packet and found a kurta inside it.

"Kaal subah humne Rekha Dadi aur Anand Dadu ke liye ek puja rakhi hai. Puja mein tum yeh pehen ke aana." Said Sukoon.

"Lekin main yeh sab nahi pehenta." Said Agastya.

"Toh kaal pehen lena. I can imagine, you will look great in this white kurta. Kaal yeh pehen ke puja mein aa jaana. Baki cake cutting ka programme shaam ko hoga. Uske baad humara play bhi hai. Isliye abhi so jaao. Tomorrow is a very big day for all of us."

Agastya nodded in yes and said, "Good night!"

"Good night!" Saying that Sukoon left from there.

Agastya went to his room with the packet. He sat on the bed and took out the kurta. Then he started caressing it while smiling.

But suddenly his smile faded away remembering the day when he dressed up to impress Rumi. That day he wore that suit just for her. But what did she do? She made fun of him, ignored him as that time only Ishaan mattered to her.

Being sad, he kept the kurta inside the packet. His eyes became teary.

"Koi fayda nahi hai kisi aur ke liye taiyaar hone ka. Iss se at the end mazak tumhara hi banta hai. Main woh hi pehenunga jis mein main comfortable hoon. After all nobody is going to notice me."

Thinking that Agastya wiped his tears and then kept the packet inside the wardrobe.

Next morning...

Sukoon and Agastya both became busy with the decorations and other arrangements.

"Arrey bhaiya isse udhar rakho.... Idhar nahi udhar.... Haan haan thik hai.... Abhi andar jaao bohut kaam baki hai." Said Sukoon to the men who were decorating.

Suddenly her eyes fell on a wall which was not decorated properly.

"Yaar iss happy 50th wedding anniversary ke banner ko idhar kisne laga diya? Ek bhi kaam thik se nahi hota inse."

Saying that Sukoon went near the wall and tried to remove the banner. But being only 5 feet 2 inches, she couldn't get at the banner.

At that very moment, Agastya came there and saw Sukoon. She was looking mesmerizing in her orange coloured saree. The bangles on her hands, the necklace around her neck and gajra on her bun was making her look even more beautiful.

 The bangles on her hands, the necklace around her neck and gajra on her bun was making her look even more beautiful