Chapter 22: Desperate Attempts

Please vote before, while or after reading this part 🙏 🙏
______________________________________

Rumi got selected for the female lead role in the play. As soon as she got the news from Rishabh, she was not cloud nine.

She opened Agastya's photo in her phone and smiled looking at it.

"I know Agastya, tum chahe jitna bhi pretend kar lo ki tumhe mujhse pyaar nahi hai, tum aaj bhi mujhse pyaar karte ho. Now I have understood that I'm not happy with Ishaan because we are made for each other. One year ago I made a mistake by not recognising my true love. But I'll rectify my mistake. Also I'll made you realise that you are still in love with me, not with that Sukoon." She said in her mind and caressed his pic on phone.

"Yeh intezar bas kuch waqt ka hi hai. Bohut zald hum phir se pehle jaise honge. You will be mine once again."

Thinking that she kissed his pic.

Next Day...

They all gathered for rehearsal. Rumi told Ishaan to drop her as it was her first day of rehearsal. But her real motive behind this was something else.

Rumi came to the theatre with Ishaan and her eyes fell on Agastya.

"Thanks Baby for dropping me." She said little loudly to drag Agastya's attention.

"All the best Ru. I'm happy that finally you are doing something. And I know you are gonna kill it." Said Ishaan and kissed Rumi's forehead.

She immediately looked at Agastya who was busy discussing something with Sukoon which made her angry.

She then pecked Ishaan's lips and said, "Goodbye! See you tonight."

Ishaan nodded and left from there. Rumi again looked at Agastya but he was not giving any reaction.

Farah and Rishabh understood that she was doing this intentionally to make Agastya jealous. But they knew that it was not going to affect Agastya anymore.

Farah came to Rumi and said clearing her throat, "Hubby ke saath romance hogaya ho toh thoda kaam pe focus kare?"

Rumi didn't say anything and gave her an angry look.

Soon Agastya told all the actors to stand in a row. Then Sukoon started taking their measurements.

"Wait a second!" Said Rumi interrupting. "Yeh humare measurements kyu le rahi hai? Measurements toh woh lete hai jo play ke costumes banate hai."

Sukoon stopped hearing that and looked at Agastya.

"Rumi, she is our designer. Humare play ke costumes design karna aur unhe provide karna, dono responsibilities uss hi ki hai. And Sukoon, please continue." Said Agastya to which Sukoon nodded in yes.

"What?" Freaked out Rumi. "Yeh hai humari designer?"

Rumi started laughing while everybody made a serious face.

"I'm sorry but.... What happened to you guys? Especially you, Agastya. Tum humesha se apne play mein sab kuch perfect chahte the. Then how can you give such a big responsibility to her? I mean, just look at her. Sukoon ka khud fashion sense itna backdated hai. Woh humare costumes kaise decide karegi? Hum kya salwar kameez pehen ke perform karenge."

Saying that Rumi again started laughing. Agastya fisted his palm to control his anger. He knew that she would do this kind of thing and that was why he never wanted to work with her.

Agastya then looked at Sukoon who was standing with a sad face.

"Aur kitna time lagega measurement lene mein?" Yelled Agastya making Sukoon shivered. "Zaldi karo. Pura din nahi hai humare paas. Humein rehearsal bhi suru karna hai."