Chapter 15

|Chapter 15|

I hate him. I hate him so, so very much. I can't even begin to describe this hatred.

I want him to get benched for the rest of the season.

I want him to fall in a hole.

No, even worse.

I want him to step on a Lego.

It was all his idea to go to the fair. It was all his idea to go to this side of the fair. And, it was all his idea to go into the corn maze. I still can't believe that it got past me though, and I let him do that.

This is utterly ridiculous.

We have been sitting here for thirty minutes straight!

Thirty. Minutes.

I have no idea how to get out, and neither does Liam. Quite frankly, I'm getting worried.

"This is all your fault," I hiss, cross my arms and slouching against the cushion of corn. "You just had to suggest the maze, didn't you?"

Liam narrows his eyes from across the pathway, "Well you certainly didn't have to accept!"

"Once the guys left I had no one else to hangout with!" I defend, looking to the side dramatically.

"Then get some more friends," Liam tells me cooly.

I shove him with my elbow, and Liam bends a bit before leaning against me again. The warmth from his shoulder against mine lapses through my shirt and makes my eyes light up. His legs are stretched out across the hay on the ground, while mine are crossed.

I sputter, "What the—I have plenty of friends! I'll have you know, that the entire varsity soccer—"

"Besides them."

"I have Harper."

"And Harper."

"I mean," I scratch the back of my head nonchalantly, "I'm friendly with the rest of the athletic department and the people that play those sports so..."

I shrug, knowing I've caught him there. However, when I look up to see if he has his 'I'm so shocked that Ash was actually right about something even though she almost always is' face on, I'm disappointed to find him rolling his eyes.

"Nice try, sunshine."

My heart picks up at the nick name, and I catch myself staring at his smolder for a little too long. Heat begins to trail up my neck.

"Sunshine? News flash. I'm not a some southern bell. If you're gonna give me a nick name, make it classy," I retort, crossing my arms.

Liam's eyes light up in realization, "Oh wait, I already have one for you."

"Fuck. I forgot about that." I admit, rubbing my forehead.

He bumps my shoulder with his, and I feel the muscle beneath it. I turn away and hide my blush.

"So, how are things going... Lynn?" Liam shouts, and I groan, covering my face in frustration.

"Shut up, you little loser," I complain, sighing.

"Lynn! Lynn! Lynn!" Liam continues on like a tiny child. He's gotten up now, and is jumping in a tiny circle like a five year old.

"Oh grow up!" I snap, glaring up at him from my seat on the ground.