Chapter 7

|Chapter 7|

"Well it depends, what do you need, and why shouldn't I say yes to it?" I ask her cautiously, stepping away from the sink to come face to face with her.

"Ha ha ha, very funny. But this is really serious!" Harper whines, looking to me pleadingly.

I laugh at her tone but quickly stop when I see her glare, "Okay, okay. What do you need?"

"Well, you know how I'm socially impaired right?" Harper asks, twirling a lock of hair innocently.

"That's one way to put it, but yes, I know," I answer her, crossing my arms curiously.

Where the hell is this going?

"And well, you know how your not, right?" She asks tentatively.

"Yeah, I know that too," I answer again.

Harper looks nervous but speaks anyway, "I was wondering if you could look into things with Liam for me?" She blurts out.

"Uh, what?" I look at her weirdly.

"Oh, I don't even know! I was just thinking—" Harper begins.

"Well don't think!" I tell her, my eyes wide.

"Gee, thanks," She replies sarcastically.

"You're welcome!" I chirp, grinning.

"Anyways, I was just thinking that, since you can talk to people, mostly boys, and I can't, that maybe you could be nicer to Liam, and put in a good word for me?" Harper asks hopefully.

"How, in any way possible, will me being friends with him, help you?" I ask her incredulously.

"Once your friends with Liam, you can bring him over to me, and tell me stuff about him, and then we can all become friends!" She says cheerfully.

"But, how is me being friends with Liam going to have any different of a turn-out then me being friends with all the guys? You ignore all of them!" I point out to her.

"I'll actually try with Liam! I will, I promise. Once I become friends with him then I can get close to him and maybe, just maybe, he'll start to like me," Harper finishes off her supposedly brilliant plan and I continue to stare at her like she's a three headed mongoose.

"Are you sure? Because that was a pretty big 'maybe' there," I ask her.

"Yes, I'm sure," Harper says confidently. "Oh please Ash! Just do this one thing for me! I swear I won't ask for anything else! I promise."

"Your making a lot of promises," I say.

"I know." Harper looks at me with puppy dog eyes and I just sigh.

"Fine. I'll do it." I grumble out, "But I'm not going to be completely nice to him, I mean he can be a je—"

"Yay!" She shrieks.

Harper bounds forward and lifts me into her arms.

"For the love of God Harper, set me down, now!" I yell at her. How a tiny little nothing like her can put a big huge something like me in the air, is ridiculous.

She sets me down and then readjusts her glasses before looking at me meekly and saying a lame, "Sorry."

"It's okay," I say.

"But just so you know, if you're going to become friends with Liam, you must be at least a little bit nice to him, okay?" Harper orders.

"Ug, that was not part of the plan," I exclaim, running my hands through my hair.