Chapter 10

|Chapter 10|

I wait for the impact that never comes my eyes are screwed shut while I try to calm my beating heart. It feels like all the blood left my body and I'm empty. My palms are sweaty and my head is swimming. I feel like I just went into one of those zero gravity chambers, except that it wasn't a simple chamber but rather an entire vortex pulling me in.

I peek open slowly, noticing that I am safe in someone's arms. I look up into blue eyes, Liam's eyes. They're clouded with worry and concern. His arms are wrapped tightly around me. I squirm and struggle to get out, but eventually quit once I realize that Liam is fixed on holding me.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks, his tone laced with worry. I nod my head.

"Yeah," I breath. I don't sound too sure though, and Liam goes to argue but I swallow, "I'm not lying. I'm perfectly fine, and I will still be okay standing over there. On the ground. Using my feet," I say, not so subtly pointing out the fact that I want to be put down. Liam eventually gets the picture and lets me go.

My head is still a little out of wack, so I lightly massage my temples. I lean against the tree, and Liam leans next to me. I have to ignore the butterflies swimming within me, and just concentrate on Spencer, who is completely shell-shocked.

"What? Got nothing to say to the sister you might have potentially murdered?" I tease, but I quickly notice I went to too far when I see Spencer's pained expression.

He comes forward and gathers me up in his arms. My eyes widen at the personal contact. Spencer and I love each other in our weird, sibling way, but were both not much for emotions or hugging.

"I don't know what I would do without you, sis," He whispers, and I finally respond hugging him back, still awkwardly though, and pat his back.

"He he...." I clear my throat awkwardly, before trying to sooth him, "It's okay, I know you didn't mean it," I say. I pull back a little only to be tackled into a tight, not-able-to-breath hug by Will.

I stiffen.

I'm not one for hugging.

Will finally pulls away from his bear-hug position.

"I'm sorry." Will apologizes, and his voice breaks.

"Will, erm, it's-I'm, I'm fine. It's okay and no one is hurt," I manage a weak smile, trying to lighten the mood. I step out of his embrace and smile a little bit more.

"Hey Ashlynn, do you want to come and inside and rest a little?" Spencer asks lightly. I nod and begin to walk the trek through my lawn and up to the house.

"Ashlynn?" Liam questions, quirking an eye brow.

"Yeah, that's my name, don't wear it out," I explain, smiling at him. I was never really one to talk about it, considering it was outwardly feminine, and might lead to some of the guys teasing me.

"Lynn!" He exclaims brightly, his face radiant.

"What?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"I will call you Lynn from now on," Liam smiles viciously, and I groan. "I mean, we just shared a near death experience. Don't you think that warrants a nick name?"

How can Harper like this guy?

"No! Don't do that! I am only Ash to you!" I say quickly, trying to coax Liam into not calling me that. It would be so embarrassing. Not only would people think that he likes me, people would think that I like him. Which is most definitely not true.