On The Run: Chapter 22

'Natalie what's wrong with you?' Star asked and I continued staring at my food, my Gran was gradually getting worse and she kept phoning everyday to reassure me she was okay but I'm no idiot. 

'Nothing, I'm fine.' I saw her raise her eyebrow in the corner of her eye and she turned to speak to Andre. David, Trevan and Emma came over to us and sat down.

'So you and Trevan are no more then Nats?' He asked and Trevan screwed him.

'Yeah, we're just friends David.'

'So you're back on the market yeah?' He asked licking his lips and I rolled my eyes.

'Nah that's not fair, why do you let every other man hit that? I want a go, fuck Trevan and Jamal.' He said and started laughing on his own, everyone stayed silent and I got up and left the table. It wasn't the fact he'd said that, I was looking for an excuse to leave and that seemed like the perfect time. I was allowed to leave seeing as I had no more lessons and my phone started ringing.

'Hello?'

'Nats! You alright ?' I smiled straight away once I heard Isaiah's voice.

'Yeah I'm fine, you?'

'I'm cool, I was with your Gran yesterday she is okay you know Natalie so stop worrying.'

'How did you know?'

'I'm not stupid and I know how much you love her it isn't hard to guess.'

'Yeah true.'

'Come outside your college and bring Star.'

'What? Why?'

'Just do it.' He hung up and I frowned, I ran back to go and get Star. Emma came with us and we went outside to the front of the college, he refused to let Star and I do anything for him for his 17th birthday and he didn't even come to see us. My mouth dropped once we got  outisde and I saw him standing outside, we both walked towards him and Star's eyes were wide.

'Is that? Noo, that can't be him.' I looked at her nodding and she shook her head.

'No stop lying!' We got to Isaiah and he hugged Star tightly and I smiled, whilst he was hugging her he was looking at me and I looked towards the floor.

'ISAIAH! Oh my gosh! You've grown man... wow.' She said still looking at him surprised, Emma was just twirling her hair and biting her lip whilst looking at him.

'You look the same, I was surprised at Natalie but you just look the same.' Star's face fell slightly but she tried to cover it up by smiling.

'Ahh well... this is our friend Emma, Emma this is Isaiah my best friend.' Isaiah and I raised our eyebrows and Emma smiled at him.

'Nice to meet you.' He said and then pointed at his car.

'I was going to take you two out?'

'Oh I can't go, I've got college still... why don't you take us at 3?' Star said and he nodded.

'Yeah... well I've finished college so I'm going home so I'll see you three later then.' I said and hugged Star and Emma, Emma barely waved and went back inside, Star still stood there.

'So Isaiah, maybe just we should go out then?' I looked at her weirdly and she winked at me.

'Erm... what about your little date with your boyfriend tonight?'

'Boyfriend? What you talking about Nat?' I opened my mouth to say something and she literally jumped on Isaiah, hugging him tightly. He looked shocked and I still refused to look into his eyes, I was still embarrassed about what happened when I stayed at his.