On The Run: Chapter 16

I woke up the next day tucked into my bed, I saw Emma conked out on the floor and I smiled to myself. I remembered straight away what had happened yesterday, I couldn't quite stop thinking about it. How could Jamal do something like that to me knowing what we'd been through? Especially with her. I let that thought slip out of my head and went to shower, I brushed my teeth and went back into my room. Emma was still knocked out on the floor and I had to nudge her a few times until her eyes started opening.

'Er... what?' She muttered and rubbed her eyes.

'You need to get up and get dressed or something.' I said to her and she shrugged.

'Come on Em!' I said and held my hand out to help her get up, she held onto it and I pulled her up. I gave her a towel and she left the room, I creamed and got dressed. Seeing as it was the summer holidays and it was still quite hot I put on a nice pair of high waisted shorts, a stripy tank top and a short white open shirt which was tucked in. I put on my navy blue and white converses and straightened my front fringe. I left the rest of my hair out and curly and sprayed myself with some D&G # 3. That perfume is sexy, I could just eat it. I started clearing up my room a bit and my phone started ringing.

'Yes?' I answered and Star kissed her teeth.

'Rude bitch! Oh babes... I heard what happened...' I sighed, for the first time this morning I had actually forgotten about it.

'Thanks for reminding me.'

'Oh shit! Sorry! You feeling to get out? It's nice and hot.'

'Yeahh, um, isit alright if I bring Emma?'

'Yeah of course. We're going Trevan's though.' I swallowed hard, I wasn't sure what it would be like between us now after what had happened.

'Oh...'

'Nat?'

'Yeah?'

'You alright with that yeah?'

'Yeah sure, I'll meet you all there.'

'Okay bye sexy!' She hung up and I laughed lightly. I guess getting out wouldn't hurt, maybe it could take my mind off things? I went downstairs where my mum was in the kitchen making some pancakes and she looked at me once I walked in.

'I didn't see Jamal on the sofa?'

'He's moved out. I won't be speaking to him again. You happy?' She looked shocked, fucking bitch. She was happy deep down inside.

'Oh don't act surprised. You're happy, I know you are.'

'No Natalie, you're upset. That wasn't what I wanted.'

'Yes it was, you didn't care as long as we weren't together, go have your party with Emma and the rest of the people that were hating on us. You've won mum.' I said and grabbed two of the pancakes that were already cooked. I took them into the front room and ate them whilst watching tv. About and hour later Emma came downstairs in some soft pink dress and her blonde straight hair out, past her shoulders. She sat next to me and smiled.

'You look lovely.' I said and she smiled at me.

'Thanks!'

'Okay let's go.' I said and I put the plate back in the kitchen, mum looked at me and then at Emma.

'You taking Emma out?'

'Mm.'

'Okay, be safe.'

'Whatever.' I said and walked out of the house, Emma followed. I mean, who actually wore like 5 inch heels out as casual wear with a dress? The weird looks she was getting actually made me laugh. For once, it wasn't me. We got the bus to Trevan's and got off near his house. Emma linked my arm once she saw a group of boys on the other side of the road. It became really tense once we walked past and I felt one pair of eyes in particular glaring into the back of my neck.