On The Run: Chapter 18

TREVAN

'HOW YOU GONNA DO THAT TO HER MAN?!' I shouted at Jamal and he didn't even flinch, he had no remorse or regret in his eyes.

'She was willing to fuck up her life for you! Have your fucking baby and you do all of this shit to her, why?!' He shrugged.

'I don't know, Jordan was right. White girls only want one thing and once they've got it, they're gonna cling to you and hold onto you, I'm not ready to settle down. I'm 17!' He said and I laughed.

'REALLY? Why did you get her pregnant then?'

'It wasn't intentional.'

'You know what yeah, you're due a gun shot.' I said to him and kissed my teeth before leaving the room. I didn't have time to argue with him when Jordan was probably doing God knows what to Natalie. I put my trainers on and ran, the bus would take too long. It started raining as I was on my way, the rain lashed against my face and my eyes narrowed as I struggled to see. I got to Jordan's and went round the back, they always had their kitchen window open so I climbed through and picked up the baseball bat which was leaned against their staircase. I silently walked up the stairs, slowly, trying not to let the stairs creak with the pressure of my feet. I could hear Natalie's cries and my heart twinged in pain, my grip on the bat got tighter and my blood started to boil, I lightly rested my freehand on the door and closed my eyes. I took a few shorts breaths and kicked the door open. His head jolted up in shock and without a second thought I swung the bat straight at his head, knocking him out. Natalie was sat up, her dark hair hanging loosely around her bare shoulders and she covered her chest as she looked at me, her bright green, round eyes filled with tears. I dropped the bat and slid my hoodie off and passed it to her. She held it and I turned away whilst she got dressed, I could hear her quietly sobbing and I closed my eyes to try and block out her cries.

I turned around to face her and she was now wearing my hoodie with her jeans and she put her shoes on. I held her hand in mine and we walked downstairs and out of the house. I didn't care if Jordan came after me, I just cared about Natalie's safety. I didn't even know who she was at this moment, I'd never seen her so fragile and dismantled right before my eyes. This wasn't Natalie, usually she was bubbly and you couldn't shut her up that's how I knew he'd hurt her. I pulled the hood up over her head as the rain poured down and she held onto my hand tighter than ever, I didn't care about getting wet or ill. I was in a t-shirt and I was soaked already but I couldn't feel the coldness, she was keeping me warm. We walked back to hers and knocked on the door, Emma opened it and her eyes were red like she'd been crying. 

'Thanks Trevan.' She said and smiled at me, Emma hugged her tightly but Natalie was still holding onto my hand, I tried letting go so she could come in but she kept a firm grip on my hand. We went inside and I took my top off so it could dry, I was properly soaked but I wasn't too bothered.

'I'm gonna run her a bath or something, I'll be down in a minute.' I said to Emma and she nodded, Star came out of the front room and looked at Natalie. Natalie just began to walk upstairs, still holding onto my hand. I was hurting, not just because she was but I didn't get there in time, maybe if I had she wouldn't be like this...

NATALIE

I needed Trevan beside me. I felt scared, scared that at any moment I'd wake up and find Jordan still on top of me, suffocating me with his weight and forcing himself onto me. We went into my room and I finally let go of his hand, he closed the door and I took his hoodie off, which underneath I had my bra on as my top ripped. He looked straight into my eyes and sighed.