On The Run: Chapter 7

The doorbell rang and my eyes snapped open, I was laying on the sofa with an icepack on my face. I had to lie and tell my mother I'd fell in the shower. My cheek had a really noticable dark bruise on it, my nose was bruised and my upper lip had swelled up slightly. It hurt like hell but I had to deal with it. I was home alone so no-one else could answer the door, I ignored it at first but then the bell kept ringing and I had to get up. Once I opened it I swallowed hard, and all the smiles on their faces were wiped off. Jamal, Star, David, Trevan, Kyla and Andre were standing there looking at me in shock and Jamal immediately lifted my chin, I kept my eyes looking away from them all as I tried my hardest not to cry.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" He asked, I could hear the anger in his voice. It trembled slightly as he tried to hold it in and I shrugged.

"Oh my god Nat... we're all gonna leave you two." Star said and they all left apart from Jamal. I walked in the house and he closed the door behind him, he turned me around to face him and held my chin.

"Natalie, look at me." I couldn't. I was scared of what would happen if I did; he'd ask me who'd done it and I wouldn't be able to answer him, not because I was scared. It was because I didn't know.

"Natalie, please." He said and my eyes locked with his, his jaw was clenched. A tear rolled down my cheek and he quickly wiped it away.

"I-I don't know who did it." I said, I was being honest and he slowly shook his head.

"I don't believe you."

"Then don't. I honestly have no idea." He looked straight into my eyes and nodded, he knew I was telling the truth and his jaw unclenched. He pulled me into him, wrapping his around me and kissing the top of my head. After a while, we broke apart and I held his hand leading him up to my room. We laid down on my bed and he played with a strand of my hair.

"So what happened?" I blinked hard trying to remember.

"I just remember being on the phone to Trevan and I went because I heard something in my wardrobe drop. I opened it and I was punched hard in my face, so hard it knocked me backwards and I hit my head. I didn't see a face, nothing. It happened so fast I couldn't even take it in." I said staring at the ceiling as I relived it again; the force of the blow that knocked me backwards had hurt so bad. I just didn't understand what someone was doing in my wardrobe.

"Some guy was in your wardrobe?" He asked frowning, I knew what he was thinking and it was exactly the same as what I thought.

"How did he get in your-"

"I don't know. My mum's changed the locks everywhere and she said she wants to hire a bodyguard to follow me to school." He laughed lightly, but no, my mum was deadly serious.

"I think someone is stalking me." I said and Jamal started screwing.

"But why?"

"I really do not know, there's some sick people out there. I'm scared to go to sleep in my own room, I can't leave the house and... Oh my god." I just realised something at that moment.

"What?"

"If they've been in there, they'd seen me get changed and everything." His face screwed up in anger and disgust, I'd never felt so violated in my life. I could feel goosebumps forming on my skin and I began to shake slightly, in fear and disgust. I was confused, why would someone want to do this to me? I then remembered the hooded boy that had followed me home, the car that had driven away, everything was starting to match up.

"I'm going to fucking murder him." He said so quietly, it scared me.

"You don't know who it was-"