On The Run: Chapter 23

My eyes opened slowly and I yawned, I realised my head was resting on Isaiah's chest. I sat up slightly without waking him up and I smiled to myself, he screwed slightly in his sleep it was cute. I kissed him and he didn't wake up, I picked up his top and put it on along with my underwear and I looked at the time and it was 10:14am. I didn't have college today so I didn't have anything to do until the party later on. I went downstairs and my mum was in the kitchen looking through some letters. She looked me up and down and then continued sorting through her letters.

'Isaiah stay in your room?'

'Yeah he slept on the floor.'

'Nice top.' She said and I rolled my eyes, as I stepped into the kitchen her hand connected with the side of my face and I almost fell onto the floor it was so unexpected.

'I DON'T APPRECIATE YOU ACTING LIKE A WHORE-'

'EXCUSE ME?' I shouted holding my cheek, just then the front door shut and Emma walked in. She must of stayed at David's and she looked back and forth between my mum and I confused.

'DON'T TOUCH ME!'

'I CAN DO WHAT I LIKE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? CAN'T KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED CAN YOU NATALIE!'

'IT ISN'T LIKE THAT MUM-'

'SO WHY ARE YOU WEARING HIS TOP? AND WHY DID HE STAY IN YOUR ROOM?!'

'BECAUSE HE'S MY BEST FRIEND, YOU DON'T KNOW ME TO BE CALLING ME A WHORE-'

'YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER!'

'WELL I WISH I WASN'T! YOU'RE SUCH AN EVIL BITCH!' I shouted and she looked like she was about to hit me again, I knew we woke Isaiah up as I could see him standing next to Emma in the corner of my eye.

'HIT ME AGAIN THEN!'

'GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NATALIE!' I barged past her on my way out of the kitchen and ran back upstairs, I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my right cheek was bright red, I closed my eyes and slid down the door sitting on the floor. I hated living here. It was tiring to be constantly arguing and fighting with my mum. Whatever she thought I was I knew I wasn't, I loved Isaiah so what did it matter to her? She didn't know anything, I don't know why my dad still stayed with her. I knew why I hadn't seen him in almost a year and he barely called because he was trying to stay away from my mother and I didn't blame him.

I stood up and brushed my teeth, I took a shower and wrapped my towel around me. I unlocked the door and went into my bedroom, Isaiah and Emma were sitting on my bed talking and they both looked at me once I walked in.

'Nat, I had no idea it was this bad.' He said and I shrugged.

'Em could you give us a minute please?'

'Yeah, um I'll go make something for us to eat your mum's gone to work.' I nodded and she closed the bedroom door when she left. I sat next to Isaiah and he put his arm around me, I rested my head on his shoulder.

'What's happened over the years? You and your mum were so close before but what's changed?'

'Moving down here, finding out things, me getting pregnant.' He froze and I looked at him.

'Jamal's?' I nodded slowly and he ran his hands through my hair.

'I didn't know... you were preg-'

'Yeah, I miscarried. I had an accident and fell down the stairs, I don't even want to remind myself.'

'You don't have to, you alright?' I nodded slowly, my relationship with my mother had gone beyond repair. Isaiah creamed my back for me and kissed my neck. I turned to face him and looked straight in his eyes.