On The Run: Chapter 24

I stared out of the car window whilst the rain lashed against it, this torrential rain matched my mood perfectly. Dylan sat silently in the back playing his psp whilst Isaiah drove, he was quietly singing along to the radio and once he stopped at the red light he rested his hand on mine and squeezed it softly.

'Nat?' He said and I looked at him, he sighed.

'It will be fine, no matter what I'm here yeah?' I nodded slowly and looked back out the window, I closed my eyes as I started to get tired and eventually drifted off to sleep.

*

'Yo baby, wake up.' I heard Isaiah's voice and my eyes slowly opened, we were parked up outside my Gran's and I looked at the house then at him.

'I've gotta go get Shanay from her friends so I'll come back later-'

'Do you have to? I want you to stay?' I said and he kissed me, I heard Dylan make a noise and I rolled my eyes.

'Shut up Dylan.'

'That's nasty, I don't do that infront of you!'

'You don't have a girlfriend anyway you dipshit.' I said and he screwed me, Isaiah laughed at us and Dylan got out of the car, Isaiah held my face in his hands and kissed me again softly. I felt all warm inside.

'I'll pick you up later yeah? Tell your Gran I said hello.' I nodded and picked up my bag, I looked at the rain outside and Isaiah took his hat off his head and put it on mine.

'Run in then.' He said and I groaned, I picked up my stuff and ran out of the car, slamming the door I ran into the house and I heard him drive away. I put my bags down and Dylan and I went upstairs to my Gran's room, I stood outside the closed door and I felt Dylan hold my hand, he smiled at me reassuringly and I smiled back.

'Be brave Nat.' He said and opened the door. My eyes met my Gran's, she was laying in bed and she looked so fragile and pale like if you even tried to hold her, she'd crumble. Dylan and I looked at each other and she smiled once she saw us both.

'Ciao.' She said quietly, I helped her sit up and Dylan and I sat either side of her.

'Where's your mother?' She asked, my mother was busy being a selfish heartless bitch. I screwed at the mention of her, my Gran noticed and Dylan sighed.

'Why do you and mum hate each other?' He asked and I shrugged.

'Long story, I will never ever like that woman.' I said.

'I wish you would all get along for me.' Gran said.

'That's asking for the impossible, she isn't even here now it just shows how much of a good daughter as well as mother she is!' I said, it angered me that I was a better daughter to Gran than she was. She barely visited Gran and didn't call her once she found out Gran had cancer.

'You'll be here for my 12th birthday won't you?' Dylan asked and Gran nodded slowly, ruffling his hair.

'I'll be here for your 50th, I think you're forgetting I'm still quite young!' She said and we all laughed. She was, she wasn't even 60 yet. She looked at me and held my hand tightly, Dylan rested his head on her shoulder and she sighed.

'You two need to be strong, I'll be fine. Before you know it I'll be up on my feet running after you both.' She said and I smiled.

'Do you want anything?'

'Tea if you don't mind, oh and Monica sent some food over for you both.' Gran said and I nodded, I loved Isaiah's mum she was so lovely to me. I got up and Dylan and I went downstairs, I warmed up our food and dished it out for us, I made Gran a cup of tea and brought it up for her then went back downstairs and watching some Khloe & Lamar whilst eating. My phone started ringing once I'd finished and I picked up.