Aakash Chopra on the ODI squad of Team India for the South Africa tour

Former cricketer of Indian Cricket Team Aakash Chopra says that the Indian selectors have picked a good team only for the sake of it for the three ODIs against South Africa.
The Men in Blue will play three T20Is, three ODIs, and two Tests in their multi-format tour of the Rainbow Nation starting later this month. With most seniors rested for the ODIs, a slightly weakened 16-member squad has been chosen, with KL Rahul set to lead the team.

In a video shared on his YouTube channel, Chopra opined that the selectors wouldn't have thought too much before picking the ODI squad. He said, "I feel the selectors are saying they would make a team just because you have to play, or else the ODI squad is totally beyond my understanding. I feel they have just filled in the blanks, saying that not much ODI cricket is going to happen, so why should you break your head over it too much?"

The former India opener questioned the selection of Yashasvi Jaiswal for T20Is and Tests but not in ODIs. He said, "This isn't a proper team when you go through it. Ruturaj Gaikwad is a part of this team, but Yashasvi Jaiswal isn't. He is there in T20Is and Test cricket, but not in ODIs. The guy can play well in T20Is and Tests but won't play well in ODIs; I have no idea how that was deciphered."