Fiery response of CSK to reports of approaching MI for Rohit, Surya, Bumrah

Amid the cryptic posts from Suryakumar Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah, respectively, on the Hardik Pandya announcements that the franchise made — captaincy preceded by his trade from the Gujarat Titans — over the last month, many reports in social media have claimed that all is not well at the Mumbai Indians.

Some reports even claimed that the likes of Rohit Sharma, whose captaincy tenure at MI was brought to an end after a glorious 10 years that comprised five IPL titles, and a few others like Bumrah and Surya were not happy with the change in captaincy. The reports came with a hint that there could be a possible trade that might land at least one Rohit, Surya, or Bumrah to a different team.

Mumbai Indians categorically denied the rumors and also discarded claims that a few franchises approached them for trade on Rohit. One of the teams reportedly was the Chennai Super Kings, but franchise CEO Kasi Viswanathan crushed the talk with a strong response.

Speaking on the sidelines of the IPL 2024 auction in Dubai on Tuesday, Viswanathan explained that neither CSK believes in the principle of trading players nor do they have players to actually carry on a trade with fellow five-time IPL winners.

He said, "We don't trade players as a principle, and we also don't have players to trade with the Mumbai Indians. We have not approached them, and we don't intend to either."