Matt Renshaw of Australia Reaches Fifty With A '7' Against Pakistan

Ones, twos, threes, fours, and sixes are common scoring figures on a single delivery in cricket. But getting a player to 'score'seven' is extremely rare. In the practice Test between Australia's and Pakistan's players, Matt Renwshaw did the unthinkable as he reached his half-century by scoring a '7'. It wasn't, however, all skill from the Australian batter, as luck did favour him in a big way, pushing him to the 50-run mark in a manner that became a talking point on social media in no time.

Renshaw played a fine show on the fifth delivery of the 78th over, bowled by Pakistan's Abrar Ahmed, driving the ball to deep extra cover while sending Mir Hamza on a lengthy chase.

Hamza was able to prevent the ball from touching the boundary, but what happened next wasn't expected. Hamza threw the ball to the non-striker's end, where former Pakistani skipper Babar Azam collected the ball.

Renshaw, who had already taken three runs by then, got the opportunity to extend his tally with Babar's throw towards the wicketkeeper's end, but the throw missed the stumps as well as the man behind to reach the boundary.

Cricket Live LineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara