Star Player of Pakistan Recounts Warning Virat Kohli before Dismissing Him

Any match between the India and Pakistan cricket teams is a closely watched affair. It's a match where reputations are made and destroyed. Virat Kohli is a player who has seen many matches between the two teams, often dominating the arch-rivals. However, during the tour of Pakistan to India in 2012–13, Virat Kohli was dismissed three times by the same bowler. That bowler was the left-arm pacer of Pakistan, Junaid Khan. The veteran has recalled that he warned the Indian cricket team before dismissing him.

Junaid Khan got Virat Kohli out three times in the ODI series that Pakistan won 2–1. He dismissed Virat Kohli for 0 and 6 in the first two ODIs at Chennai and Kolkata, and then scalped Kohli for 7 in the final game too in Delhi.

Junaid said, "I have taken wickets of so many batsmen, but people always remember Virat Kohli's wicket. We have played in the U-19 World Cup; we know each other. It was my comeback series, and I was playing against India for the first time. I got Kohli in the first match, and he told me it would not happen again."

"I got him again in the second and third matches. Before the third ODI at the breakfast table, I told him, 'Virat, you will not be spared today. Younis Khan was also there. He said to get him out again today. Younis Bhai took Virat's catch."