Ahead of the 1st Test, Babar Azam Gets Unique Compliment From Australians

The star-studded bowling line-up of Australia showered praise on the star batter of Pakistan, Babar Azam, with a handful of them labelling the right-handed batter as a "class layer." With each passing day, the hype around the game continues to build up for the highly anticipated series between two cricketing giants. The series will kick off on December 14 in Perth, when Pakistan will square off against Australia in the first Test of the three-match series. Ahead of the clash, the former Pakistan captain received a lot of praise from Aussie bowlers, with Pat Cummins stating that sending Babar wouldn't be an easy task for them.

Cummins said in Cricket Australia's video posted on Instagram that, "So he's going to be hard work."

Experienced fast bowler Josh Hazlewood called Babar a "class player" and added, "He has been for a long time. He sort of burst on the scene in ODI cricket and then changed his game to be strong in the Test arena as well."

Hazlewood added, "If you miss, he hurts you and sort of tries to put that pressure back on you as a bowler." Australia's veteran spinner Nathan Lyon branded Babar as "extremely talented.".

Lyon said while praising Babar, "He's got beautiful hands when he bats. He scored some runs. I think it was Gabba's last time he was up here. You always want to compete against the best players in the world, and he's definitely one of them."