Shivam Dube, a CSK star, is a doubtful starter for the IPL 2024 with an injury

The Chennai Super Kings, the reigning champions, are in danger of getting hurt. The bilateral side strain injury that the all-rounder for the Indian cricket team, Shivam Dube, sustained could sideline him for about eight weeks. He is now solely absent from the Ranji Trophy knockouts. If the injury is severe, though, Shivam Dube might miss the entire IPL 2024 competition, which gets underway on March 22.

A CSK official said, "We are keeping tabs on the situation. Not sure yet how serious the injury is or how long he would be out for. We will know in a few days. All we know is that he will report to the NCA." According to a report, Dube would miss Mumbai's Ranji Trophy knockouts.

In the most recent league game, he was hitting for an undefeated 121 when he was injured. According to a source, Dube would probably miss the remainder of the Ranji Trophy season due to a bilateral side strain injury.

He didn't field in Assam's second inning at BKC after being hurt while hitting in the last game against Assam. His tear is of grade one. The healing period for a Grade I side strain injury is at least 4-6 weeks. A Grade I side strain injury takes at least 4-6 weeks to recover. And that clouds his future, at least through IPL 2024's opening. It may take longer, depending on the follow-up scans and recovery.