Epic Run Stand of 303 runs by VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid Against Australia

On this day in 2003 The Indian cricket team scripted one of the most iconic victories in the history of cricket against Australia in the second Test in December 2003. The Adelaide Oval witnessed a special outing as Team India, under the leadership of Sourav Ganguly, thrillingly got the better of Australia by four wickets. The Indian bowling unit did a commendable job bowling out the Aussies for 196, but the visitors would not have emerged victorious had they not showcased emphatic batting in the first innings.

It was on this day back in 2003 that Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman stitched together a solid 303-run partnership to guide India to a mammoth total of 523. Needless to say, Dravid and Laxman's remarkable batting paved the way for a memorable Indian victory.

Having dominated the first two days, the Australian cricket team folded for 556 runs in the first inning. Ricky Ponting came up with a stunning knock of 242 in the first inning to gain an upper hand for Australia. India's response was not quite befitting, as they lost their two opening batters, Aakash Chopra and Virender Sehwag, with 81 runs on the board. Andy Bichel picked up the first two wickets for Australia.

What happened next was nothing less than a miracle. Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman started batting together, with India struggling at 4/85. The pair exhibited a steely mindset and brought back memories of their epic partnership at the Eden Gardens Test against the Aussies two years ago. The duo batted elegantly and succeeded in weathering the storm.

VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid put up a huge partnership of 303 to bring India back into the contest. Later, Andy Bichel emerged as Australia's savior, breaking the crucial partnership.