West Indies Brandon King's 82 power his side to a T20 victory over England

On Thursday, Brandon King of the West Indies scored an unbeaten 82 runs, and skipper Rovman Powell blasted a quickfire 50 as the West Indies defeated England by 10 runs to take a commanding 2-0 lead in their best-of-five T20 international series in Grenada. West Indies opener King produced a superb knock that included eight fours and five sixes from 52 balls as the hosts recovered from a perilous 54-4 to finish on 176-7 at the National Stadium in St. George's.

England, who won the toss and decided to bowl first, were restricted to 166-7 in response to a disciplined bowling performance by the hosts.Sam Curran top-scored for the tourists with 50 off 32 balls, but England were always struggling to reach the required run rate against the West Indies bowling. Alzarri Joseph finished with figures of 3-39 off four overs, while spinner Gudakesh Motie frustrated England's batsmen with an economical 1-9 from four overs.

Man-of-the-match King said afterwards, "I think it was important having lost so many early wickets that I stayed as deep as possible into the innings."He further said, "It was very important for me to stay there and build partnerships. We're playing well, and everyone's playing with confidence. They might not have gotten runs today, but another day it will be another guy.