MS Dhoni is injured but 'to do his thing' for CSK he is ignoring pain

The veteran wicketkeeper-batter of Chennai Super Kings MS Dhoni, is more than just a player – he's a source of inspiration for his team's bowling strategies, according to CSK's bowling consultant, Eric Simmons. Former India bowling coach also revealed that MS Dhoni is injured and playing through pain in Indian Premier League season 2024.

While celebrating on-field heroics of Dhoni, Simmons also shed light on the cricketer's silent struggles. He disclosed that MS Dhoni has been dealing with a knee issue, but the player has decided to push through the discomfort rather than allow it to affect his play.

Simmons said in post-match press conference, highlighting Dhoni's unwavering dedication that, "Everyone else is more interested in his injuries than he is. He's one of the hardest men I've ever come across. We don't even know how much suffering he might be experiencing, in my opinion."

"I'm sure there's some niggles. He simply has the capacity to put things aside and take action when they need to be taken. We're more concerned about his injuries. When I say we, I mean the public (which) is more concerned about his injuries than he is," he added.