In the 2nd T20I, Suryakumar Yadav revealed a message to the team

Despite defeat against South Africa, the captain of team India, Suryakumar Yadav, praised the batting unit of the Proteas and stated that the way the hosts beautifully batted in the first 5–6 overs of the chase took the game out of the visitors' grasp. South Africa chased down the revised target of 152 runs to beat India by five wickets in a rain-curtailed match in the second T20I of a three-game series at St George's Park in Gqeberha on Tuesday.

South Africa registered an incredible win to take a 1–0 lead against India. In the post-match presentation ceremony, SKY said, "That is the brand of cricket that we wanted to play. The message was loud and clear. Irrespective of what the situation is, you have to go out and enjoy yourself, and we will see what happens."

He further added that "it was tough. I told the boys that we are coming out of our comfort zone; we have to do something different. This situation can come in the future as well, so you have to be prepared as well."

"They batted beautifully in the first 5–6 overs and took the game away from us. It was the brand of cricket we were talking about — just go out and express ourselves. It was tough with the wet ball, but we would face similar situations in the future, and it's a good lesson for us."