Open Ocean

The cracks in the walls became fissures as a river's worth of water poured in, and so, they'd soon buckle under that weight.

The floor also began to break away in droves, water shooting up from beneath it, buildings high. The ceiling would also come crashing down, and as it fell, it made all the other damage worse, breaking into the shattered ground and falling walls.

All the while, the four victims found themselves in Sonata's box, and while the glass wasn't there anymore, that's what it looked like as the water, metal and stone, ricocheted off of nothing, nothing that they could see anyway.

As for Sonata herself, she was still floating outside of the box, and as the water and other projectiles went for her, they passed through her as if she wasn't there. That was a half-truth still, as sometimes, when the things sought to pierce the little girl, a beaming light of no particular color would emerge from her, and everything in an arm's reach was gone.

She didn't mind any of it though, as her focus was somewhere else, on the quantum computer, or rather, where it was. It had long detached from whatever mechanism was keeping it suspended and fallen into the pit below it.

Yet still, she kept looking at the wall that was behind it as more cracks and crevasses emerged, and eventually, what she was waiting for, arrived.

The structure did not bend, buckle nor break, it was a slight bit of all considering what was tumbling through. The walls exploded inwards, the ocean's might crashing into the place along with a golden being too big to fit.

He had rolled inside, and whilst the place was big, he couldn't stand up. His presence was felt too, because as much as water was powerful, it wasn't the same as tons of solid, more or less, gold.

As he moved, trying to get up, his head hit the ceiling and the entire place must have moved a few inches as his face tore through it.

He'd catch himself, and seeming to relax, he laid down, but he did roll to the back of the room, flattening the forest and causing a rain of people as he crashed into the glass wall.

The thing he was waiting for would arrive too, and by the standard of logic, if one of them could not fit, two weren't going to, and they wouldn't, nor would they try.

The golden man would plant his fingers into the fragments of what was a glass wall, and as he did, a force seemed to lift his legs and pull him towards the crack. He'd hold tight still, but the place wasn't built for such force, and neither was the island.

The water coming in from all angles and places would flow to a stop, as if time itself had given up. The collapsing would also change, because as much as everything went to a standstill, even the falling debris, it wouldn't stop.

It began at a snail's pace, the small bits of glass, rubble and people tumbling towards the wall of water, then the whole place fell in on itself. The ceiling, floors and walls pulled to a stream as it went towards the crack and they'd all watch as their abode shifted to that of one lit by blue tinted light surrounded by the ocean.

They were truly in the thick of it then, as there was nowhere to hide, or to return to. As they were dragged out into the middle of the ocean, they'd watch as rifts shot through the island and it began to fall in on itself.

It seemed so at least, but really, the island was never connected to the ocean floor. There was a blanket of chromatic energy below the structure, and as it disappeared, the anomaly, or rather, the wings of Sonata, they grew.

The place would begin to sink before their very eyes, the place they grew up, and the place they loved.

The four trapped in the box, that no longer had any tangible sides, nor sides they could see, watched with not even the ability to breathe or think. The place would sink, and every so often bursts of energy pulsated from it, as if it was alive somehow.