Destined Love

The otherworldly thing would finally be ousted from atop its ivory tower, and falling, devastation would be exponentially increased. It crashed like a meteor, yet it fell no more than a sky scraping building, though it was just as tall.

The thing was heavy, too heavy, it was made to be a bastion of safety for those tyrants, but that safety was long stale. The walls, as hard as they were, as thick as they were, a few feet thick in fact, would easily be pierced by a determined August.

It was laced with that same otherworldly substance he had crafted a body from, it was perfect for the job. It allowed the thing to hop realities and gain immense strength, there was only one problem still.

If Fate had become August, and vice versa, then all that gave the place its strength was August's, and if it was his, he could easily take it back, and he would. He'd wave his hand, and that faint warping glow the thing had would fade, and so would its strength. At first, naught seemed to change, but seconds later, the thing let out a bleat, or at least, that's what the sound of bending metal resembled.

The second sound of its judgement would then echo as it began buckling, bending and breaking. A screech of metal let out as it tore away from itself, snapping and grinding against its broken parts, tumbling to the ground.

It was bound to be a spectacle, a battle of giants, seeing as the remnants of people trapped in the monolith had a similar make up to August's perfect machines of war, but that was just the problem.

The bodies they had clung to for so long, that had allowed them to live centuries, was then apart of the man's domain. The walls crashed from their spectacular heights and revealed the belly of the beast, all that had levied commands to the citizenship, in ruin.

They were crushed under all that was meant to protect, but not all were dead. In all of that rubble struggled a few that happened to survive. They were most machine, flesh removed, or rather, warped, until the DFT that stole their humanity ran dry. Their flesh came back in bulk and their blood, in waves, and those few that survived, would wish for a crushing death.

"You...! We own you! How dare—..." Blood would be caught in the abomination's throat.

Their metallic skin would fade to matt, and then to the flesh they should have had, the flesh they loathed. They swole, like bloated frogs, or even dead carcasses in summer's heat. Their eyes spun in their sockets until they popped, like faulty bulbs.

Then, soon the finale, the apotheosis of their suffering took form as they groaned and moaned beneath their bodies own expanding weight. Then they popped, like cherries between determined squeezing fingers, and so, their era was done.

The era of looming monsters, at least ones that were actually human, ones that could be seen, were done.

The immediate future was then clear; his eyes foresaw no more tragedies, for the time being at least.

He walked the streets, and though there was death all encompassing, and all seeming to be his fault, he felt naught of emotion. In those eyes, those same droopy eyes, he saw all outcomes, all realities, and that, to his judgement, was the best one.

It mattered not much still, in time, they'd all forget the tragedy, until a day of reckoning of course. In the moment, he'd manage the fallout of his most recent endeavor, he couldn't just leave it there.

He thought of the thing, where it had been, where it had been made to put, and with the blood of his body pouring from multiple orifices, the black cube's corpse clung back to its pedestal between dimensions. It would rise, all pieces, none left to neglect, returning to that spectacle, only shattered with the stench of rot pouring from it.