Imagine A Broken Sky

Kim had done a little too much talking, and so she had caused a bit of a problem, though she did help remedy it.

Though, I do suppose if she was telling the truth about all that she had said, including the want for no conversation, she shouldn't have said anything at all. Those poor souls had been through so much, and yet she let the 'place' string her along as she ran her mouth blinded by the suffering she saw the two endure.

As such, the consequences came in full swing as the two recovered, or rather, they should have. I assume this was her line of thinking; 'if I don't awknowledge the consequences, then they don't exist.'

She would not only think such thoughts; her actions would speak louder than any words. She left the two after they had returned to walking order, and she walked herself. In fact, she was walking even faster than before, almost jogging, running even.

Her actions forced everyone else to keep up with her, and it also kept them preoccupied, especially the two she was supposed to escort. They were short, so they were basically sprinting, and as such, even as they wanted to ask the questions, they didn't, and not because they were running, and not because they were jumping, and not because they didn't want to.

They'd keep going for a while, and as they did, because of Kim's reckless actions, the absurdity began. She thought about all she knew and had seen, about the past and the place, and she surmised that in the way she existed then, that she too could finally control the place.

The grass was green but it didn't have to be, the sky was a glaring crimson void, but it didn't have be. The place was a floating mess, but it didn't have to stay that way.

The eclipse she had always known, the darkness that had always plagued her, it could all become null and void. Those were her thoughts, and so fractures shot throughout the still sky, and within moments the sky began to fall.

The event was instantaneous, but even then the golden cube expanded like a blanket, covering them. Thus, they couldn't quite see the sight, but I'll tell you anyway.

The sky fell in fragments like shattered ceramic, yet it looked the same. The distance of the stars, the moon, the sun, nothing changed, that was until eyes were allowed to wonder and find the edges of the fragments. Then the veil would finally be pulled back.

An incandescent white light shot through the cracks and incinerated everything it touched, including the ground. As the sky fell, the shards shook the place like earthquakes of world ending proportions, though I do suppose that's exactly what was happening.

I'll be nice and explain it to you. The 'Abstract' as Kim had said, is the imagination, when one imagines anything in their mind, it exists as a loaded term, or in other words, it comes with preloaded ideas. Such is the crux of communication, words have meaning.

And so, thinking of the sky falling away would include the idea of the sky, space and the stars, which would be an impossible amount of mass considering the sheer scale of the universe.

As such, she had basically called down the wrath of God, and even with her knowledge, she didn't realize that until it was too late. It should have been as easy as wishing it away, no? No, no being in the universe apart from 'her' could comprehend lifting the universe, therefore, even if they did try, it wouldn't work.

The simple fact that they do not understand what they seek to manipulate, prevents manipulation altogether. So, she had learnt why there were golden rules for those who ventured into the Abstract, including the one that told them, never to look up.

Those in charge were mad, but they were sane enough to prevent Kim from ever entering the place, that fact was one of their few good ideas. I did not contradict myself, she'd never been there.