A Ballerina of Death

Her hands went numb, yet, they still stung with the sensation of fractured and broken bones all throughout. The pain wouldn't stop her still, and it couldn't have.

She had become the ferryman of the river Styx, and her job was to ensure her two passengers never made it to the other side. As such, despite her own concerns, she turned her focus to what was more important, protecting.

The blob let out a whistle, one louder than the first, one filled with rage and contempt, and the things would heed its summons.

The remaining cells, all four of them, exploded from within, not even the concrete and metal embrasures—the walls— able to contain them.

The thing let out a wet giggle with its many faces as it approached her, every slimy and viscous step bringing it closer to the trembling Cali. Her will stood strong still, and whether that was the fear of failure, or her mind slipping into the recesses of pagan technology, was yet to be seen.

The reason wouldn't matter though, as she brought herself to her feet and began retreating, putting herself in a position to survey the entire room. If it was the end for her, she wouldn't go down quietly, or alone.

The twisted imaginations of what dogs should have been, dispersed around the room, their heavy pants filling the loud silence.

They sought to surround her, and she knew that, so, as they boxed her in, she prepared herself.

They charged her like battering rams, each moving with the force of a speeding truck. Yet, she did not panic, in a matter of moments, she had stooped, and with the sound of shattering concrete and firing pistons, she was gone.

The creatures, they'd clash still, unable to stop, and as they did, they'd ricochet off of each other, literally.

One of the things was flung back in two pieces more than it had approached, split straight down the middle.

As they tried to regain some semblance of order, another fell with its head split open, the sound of swinging chains filling the room. She was no longer the hunted, and clung to the ceiling by one of her anchored bloody soles, she prepared herself once more.

And so, swallowing her own blood, the ceiling collapsed under her might as she brought down her inhuman legs. The thing seemed to notice and tried to resist her, but all of its faux faces and grasping appendages would turn inside out on impact as her leg cut through it, a gash left where most of it should have been, not even the ground being spared.

It was impressive, but it was still too much for a human only half pure. So, after she darted off into the darkness avoiding the collapsing roof, she proceeded to cough up her own blood as she tumbled across the cold floors, that didn't seem so cold anymore.

She was also starting to find it hard to see, her remaining eye, losing its vision. It was insanity, as looking at her, she should have already given up, should have, already been dead, but she kept going.

A faint ring danced throughout the room as her eyes faded into the darkness, and both the remaining monsters felt a new sensation as their heartbeats filled the silence, and for good reason.

They weren't her targets though, and as the two cowered in the corner, a corpse would emerge from the void in front of them, with fading yellow eyes. They almost screamed at first, blood dominated her lower lip and chin, that was hers, but she was damp with it, thankfully, that wasn't hers. Well, most of that wasn't hers.

She breathed like a tired animal, as if ready to turn over and be done with it, but it was obvious that death wasn't ready for her, or rather, it couldn't force her into resting, in peace, or otherwise.