Tragic Formations

The city scape would put itself back together, and so would a confused August. He thought of abandoning it, but the terms he agreed to in the dark forbade such things. Perhaps he could lock it away: he could, but the time would come where he'd need it again. So, until then.

He arose like the corpse he had become, and though he had thought to remove yet another slice of time, he did not. After all, that is exactly what a thing like her would have done.

So, he'd face the flames instead, embellishing the happenings seeing as no one was going to be an authority of verification. He'd even have a few of those who remembered the past as it was aid him in his evasion of responsibility.

The Director of Energy and Power Management would make a statement at his behest. 'It was an accident, the test of a new energy storage unit gone wrong...' the words of a Ms. Elizabeth Sky.

As for the danger posed to the inhabitants of the Rosavault house, an apology was issued with the deepest of regrets.

And so Caliandra found herself in the presence of August once more, and though she was not the least bit thrilled, she helped anyway.

A feather, that's how she descended from heights she was never supposed to reach. Her legs, they had been lightly modified, due to her last job that she had no recollection of. Yet, they were never supposed to be that strong, she had fractured them leaping to such great heights.

"How...?" He met eyes with her as she collapsed to the ground.

"I have no clue..." She didn't lie, and he didn't need an explanation.

"What do you remember?" But he wanted one.

"A fullness in my chest...? My body moving on its own...? I don't know, I just... moved..." She met his gaze with confusion, wanting an answer herself.

"If you say so..." He'd approach, but not for her.

May, was still conscious, though she seemed to be a bit delirious. He'd check for injuries, but she was fine. The same couldn't be said for a Cali. She was bleeding from her legs, joints discombobulated.

She'd try to stand every so often, wincing as her open flesh grinded against itself. She had become the one in need.

He'd set his sister to stand, as soon she regained control of her mental and physical faculties. As for Cali, he'd lower himself to her, awaiting permission.

"What are you waiting for?" She'd rest her hands on his shoulders.

He'd pick her up, like a bride, and he carried her, like a fragile child.

As for their destination, the hospital that had rejected August once before, a monolith of twisted glass, fashioned to almost be a sphere. Its color like dark clouds, it reflected a sky no one could see perhaps.

"Do you know what happened?" Her curiosity persisted throughout the pain.

"I could guess?" He'd look at her as he spoke, her eyes annoyed daggers.

"Hm... well, another time I suppose, you do owe me... What is it, two debts now?" She glanced at a dazed May that walked with them.

"One. Or is my help worth nothing?"

"Not much, but its something... And what of the other? How do you plan to repay me?" She'd rest a hand on her chest.

"What do you want...?"

"Where do I know you from...?" She sought reason for her panicked heart.

"Who knows..." He looked away.