Not My Brother

Gerard POV

"What are you doing?!" I exclaim, because I'm really freaking out here.

"Leave it be, Gerard, it's my problem not yours," he sneers the words like its my fault.

Maybe it is, did I do something wrong? Did I discourage him? Was I a bad brother?

"What are you on abou- WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HAIR?!" I scream, because he loved his calm browny blondie hair. But now, now it's raven just like mine used to be.

"Is it any of your business?" he snaps back.

"You are not my brother," I gasp, because Mikey would never talk back to me, he would never self harm himself, he would never yell at a family member.

"Your right, I'm not. Your brother is gone! And now I'm in his place, so get used to it," the thing retorts.

"But, what, how, when, why?" my voice thickens and my heart rate speeds up.

"Maybe it's called realising the world is a foul place, and when I'm gone, it'll be roses and daffodils again," the thing replies, turning his head away from me.

I bend down and touch a freshly used knife.

"I don't understand," I whisper.

I graze my fingers along the sharp metal, and snatch it back as it hits a point, my finger bubbling up with a red liquid.

"You wouldn't," his voice becomes calm again.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I defend, standing up and wiping the blood off of my finger and onto my jeans.

"You haven't gone to the dark side," Mikey sighs, turning his head so he can look out of the bedroom window.

"I can't be bribed by cookies," I joke, but I still can't see the smile on his usually collected face.

"Everythings a joke to you isn't it? Why did you attempt to kill yourself, Gerard? Eh, why?" Mikes echoes, standing up and facing me again.

"Not everything is a joke, Michael. Or should I even call you that?" I sneer.

"Call me what you wish, I don't give a shit. Fuck you bastards, fuck you," Mikes snarls, slamming his door in my face.

I fall backwards slightly and I crash to the ground. My head's spinning and my nose starts bleeding. My vision blurs and all I can hear is my sudden heartbeat, making me jolt. That was not Mikey. Maybe a spy undercover, or a demon on the loose. Why Mikey? Why?

I have no idea what happened. But that wasn't Michael, that was something else.