This Isn't Good

Ray's POV

"Mom!" I call, dropping my school bag at the front door before slamming it closed.

"What is it?" she snapped, paint covering her front.

"I need to go over to the Way's house," I smile sweetly.

She just scowled at me. Bitch.

"You're always over there!" she sighed with frustration.

I wonder why...

"Yeah, well, I've got to work on my History report," I shrugged, reaching into my bag and pulling out my book, handing it over so she could scan through it.

"Fine, I haven't got time for this! Go over to the fag's household!" mom cursed, turning sharply to grab another paintbrush but stopped still as she recalled what she just said.

My fists clench and I take a deep breath to control my growing anger.

"The what household?" I snarl with gritted teeth.

"The Way household."

"You did not say that a minute ago."

"Just get out of my house!"

"Fine by me!" I shout, tossing my bag over my shoulder and storming out of the house.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I made my way over to Gerard's house. Why has she gotten so cold? Is it because dad left? It probably is. Well, she shouldn't take her anger out on me. Or maybe I made dad leave us and she's punishing me... That's ridiculous, I haven't done anything to offend my mother nor my father.

I bite my lip unconsciously as I get closer and closer to the house I know so well. I want to know how Mikey's been doing. I want to know if he's...if he's okay. If he's getting better. I doubt it. I really doubt it. But a guy can dream, can't he?

The scent of smoke hit my nose violently like a hurricane smashing windows. That is way to much smoke to be noticeable if Gee's smoking. I turn slightly so I could get a view of the house I was approaching.

Uh-oh. Jesus Christ. The dark intoxicating smoke hovered around the Way's house like flies as bright red and orange flames dancing around the roof.

It was on fire. On fire.

Well, this isn't good.