Sorry

Gerard's POV

"Where are we gunna put 'im?" the burly man asked, pushing me forward.

I stumbled towards the short fat man, nearly falling flat on my face. I knelt down, needing my balance back.

"Cell 449," the man snapped back, turning back to my friends.

Frank was staring at me. Hell, everyone was staring at me. I felt very uncomfortable.

"Gerard..." Frankie muttered, tearing his eyes from mine and dropping them to the floor.

"Don't punish him... it wasn't his lighter," Ray states.

"Then whose was it?" the fat man retorted, quirking an eyebrow.

I closed my eyes and sighed swiftly. We didn't know. That was the problem. No one knows except from the person who did it. Who would want to burn our house down? It wasn't my lighter, it wasn't my parents' and it definitely isn't Mikey's. So who the fuck did it? No one knows... and now I'm being punished.

Just as well, I suppose. I'd hate it if Mikes was blamed. He's sort of out of his funk at the moment. He's still snappy but at least he seems to go by the name Mikey now. He hasn't mentioned about the dark side or anything totally cruel at all for now and I'm taking that as a win.

"W-We don't know," I mumbled.

The burly man took a step forward and hauled me upwards from the floor, making me crash into him.

"Exactly. So you're going to be here for a long time until further notice," he snarled.

I nodded weakly because what else am I meant to do? I crumble slightly and I notice Frank's crying. Ray's eyes are watering and Mikey is stone cold, but he's looking at me in a way that's so strong as an apology that even I have to start whimpering.

"Say goodbye to your friends because you won't be seeing anyone for a long time," the burly man barked out a vicious laugh.

"Wait, he gets to have visitors, right? Everyone's allowed visitors," Ray piped up.

I turned to look at the fat man who's in charge and he nods at everyone.

I breathe out hastily and allow myself to send everyone a rough small smile. Ray comes over to me and gives me a hug, patting my back and breathing out unevenly. He pulls back and lets Mikey step forward, eying me up and down.

"I'm sorry," he gulps, his voice wavering slightly.

Frank just nods to Mikey before stepping in to place a short kiss on my lips before pulling away, dragging me in for a hug.

"I love you," he whispers.

I nod at him, "I know. I love you too."

Before I know it the burly man gripped onto my restricted arm and hauled me towards the metal door.

"We'll visit!" Ray yelled, "I'm so sorry, Gerard!"

I sniff when the door slams behind me. I don't know why everyone keeps apologising. It wasn't their fault that this happened. I wasn't mine either.