Criminalization

Bob's POV

I was lurching around the woods with Bill and Arnie, Burly Man 1 and Burly Man 2 (or just BM's for short), whilst smoking the weed that was certainly not ours by fault. It wasn't my fault though, I'd like to point that out.

My phone just buzzed, like it usually does, and sent out the kind of catchy ring tone of 'This Is The Way To Amarillo', which BM1 and BM2 did not look impressed with. I shrugged, whatever, and then reached out and flipped my phone open, pressing the accept button and pressing the machinery to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask, sighing slightly.

Who calls me anyway?

"BOB! Oh dear Lord," a voice was in hysteria, crying out.

"Okay this is either Toro or one of those freaky movie voicey thingies that hang the phone up and come get me and put a big meat knife in my back," I responded quickly.

"Excuse me? No, it's Toro, look, Robert, something just... happened..."

"Yeah, I finally got that meatloaf out of me from seven days ago. It doesn't look that appetising when it's from the other end," I shudder.

"What?! Eww, no, err... okay I'm thrown off track for a second-"

"Give me the damn phone!" another harsh voice interrupted.

Iero.

"What?" I sighed, tapping my foot.

I don't have time for this.

"Gerard got arrested! There! Jeez, that wasn't so hard was it Afro?" Frank snapped.

"Well excuse me for getting distracted by the overdue manure Bob was cooking," I heard Ray's muffled voice.

"Cooking? He's not a barbeque, Ray, jeez, seriously," Frank muttered.

"Guys!" I explode, "Gee's in frigging jail? What the fuck happened?"

"I think the cops kind of thought Gerard was responsible for the fire...so... which he wasn't by the way!" Frank rushed, probably wanting to be by Gee's side.

"Yeah, okay, well, I'll see you soo- Wait! What fire?" I backtrack.

"Ugh! I don't have time for this! I gotta go, meet us down at the station, stat!"

And then the line got cut off.

Stat. I never did get that saying. I mean, I understand ASAP, but that's about it.

"What was that about?" Bill asked, tapping out his cigarette.

"I err, well, my band mate just got arrested," I shrug, placing my phone in my pocket.

"Really? That's hard-core," Arnie nodded his head frantically.

"Hard-core? Dude, what the actual heck? The guy just got criminalized!" I scoff, scowling.

"Criminalized? He couldn't have gotten criminalized yet, he has to go to court first. And people thought I was stupid," Arnie tutted, folding his arms and rolling his eyes.

I look him up and down and I realize there's no fault in his reasoning.

"Touché."

"You better go then," Bill says, ignoring that.

"What does touché mean?" Arnie asked, following me and BM1.

"Game over," Bill answered, smirking.