Paternity

Mookie (20)
Monday October 17th

It's been a week and some days since I took that dna test and the results came back today

It's been a week and some days since I took that dna test and the results came back today. We were sitting in the living room across from each other. I was nervous and scared af. What if I am the father. Im running straight to Mexico.

"Here you open it" Laila nervously said shoving the envelope into my hands.

"I'm scared ngl" I sighed staring at the piece of mail in my hands. My hands were shaking and sweating.

"Me too" she agreed nodding her head.

"I don't know why" I side eyed her.

"Don't start" she said sucking her teeth.

I slowly opened the envelope taking the papers out. I took a deep breath before reading over the middle part of the paper. I was happy af on the inside.

"I'm not the father" I slowly nodded my head in relief.

"What?" She gasped snatching the paper out my hand. She can look at it long and hard but it's still not gonna change.

"I'm not the father so can we be done now?" I asked.

"Oh god... I wanted you to be the dad" she cried burying her face into her hands.

"You just want to be able to control me"

"No I wanted you to be the dad because I know my baby would be good and well taken care of with a family." She expressed wiping the tears from her eyes. She fucked up her chances a long time ago.

"Sunny can't provide that?" I asked. She knows who the dad is but she wants to be attached to me. The nigga seems like a cool dude and will take care of the baby but I don't know him personally.

"It's different with you. I love how you interact with your siblings and you all get along in some way. It's gonna be too toxic between me and Sunny" she sighed sniffling.

"Look... we can't go back to the shit we used to do.  I'm past that but if you need to talk or if you really need the help Lai you can come to me but whatever we had is done. I just want you to get your shit together now that you got a baby on the way." I reasoned with her. I know I shouldn't be making this promise with her but I hate seeing people with kids struggle.

"Do you really mean that?" She asked with a look of hope. See now I take it back.

"Yea but that doesn't mean abuse the offer just to be around me cuz I'll nip that shit in a bud. I got other shit to worry about and I'm not worried about no type of sexual relationship. Best of luck to you though" I explained.