Do-Do Bhabhiyan

Aisha"Come on Ishu even I didn't know yaar" he whines for me to listen to him but I won't

Aisha
"Come on Ishu even I didn't know yaar" he whines for me to listen to him but I won't. Why should I?!

"Vedant mai tujhe maar dugi!" I say throwing a pillow at him but he catches it before he gets hit making me even more annoyed.
(Vedant I'll kill you!)

Vedant Ahuja, my best friend since the 6th grade when he convinced our teacher to let me tie a rakhi to him instead of the boy I was supposed to, my crush. He also beat up the same guy when he cheated on me in collage.

"You had one job Vedant, it was to help me pass the 'beta please shaadi krlo phase' but tu yaha khud ke ghar se proposals arrange kara raha hai" I say sternly.
(Pass this 'child please get married phase' but you're here arranging proposals from your own home')

"Bhai dekh I understand you're mad at me but I had no idea dad was going to do this and plus you know Abhi bhai is a good guy, he practically raised me and Niya." He replies to my outburst.
(Bro see)

I mean I get what he means, his older brother Aadvik Ahuja had taken care of Vedant and Niya incredibly well whenever their parents were busy in their careers which was always. But still uss khadoos se shaadi? The man cares for nothing more than his family. Par abh to final ho gya to krni hi padegi.
(Get married to that arrogant person?)
(Now it's final so I have to do it.)

"Aisha, you can talk to him today and during the wedding and after knowing you both for a long time I know you'll get along even uncle does so why overthink everything will be okay bhabhi. By the way teri Ruhi se baat hui? She wants you there for the final lehenga fitting." Vedant's words snap me out of my thoughts. I didn't miss the tease when he called me bhabhi but decided not to say anything.
(By the way did you talk to Ruhi?)

Apart from the proposal I was so fucking excited, MY BEST FRIEND WAS GETTING MARRIED! It was just a week away and the festivities officially began today with the engagement.

As I started to answer a yes to his question Niya popped herself into the room.
"Areyy meko ni pata tha I will be getting do-do Bhabhiyan aaj" she said hugging me from behind.
(I didn't know I'll be getting two-two sister in laws today)
I swear to got these two will be murdered by me today for sure.

With a glare at both of them I said, "Chup hokar taiyaar ho jao dono warna tumhara to kuch nahi aunty mujhe zaroor maar dengi" to get them off my back. A threat with aunty's name in it always scared the shit out of these two.
(Shut up and get ready otherwise you won't be affected but aunty will definately kill me)

After a while Vedant was ready in his beige sherwani looking as handsome as ever. I walked over to him and put a kala tikka behind his ear. "Humare ladke ko koi nazar naa laga de" I said, he chuckled and walked away into the other room to meet Kunal and his other friends.
(No one can put thier evil eye on our boy)

I was also almost ready in my black saree, I wore a layered pearl necklace and my hair down with only a couple rings in my hand but my pallu just would not stay so I needed it to be fixed with a pin.
"Niyaaaaa!" I called out. No answer. She had gone to Vedant's bathroom but I guess she snuck out when I was talking to him.
Annoyed I walked over to the dressing table and got a pin to go to Niya's room.

Walking out I had to hold my pallu on my shoulder by one hand and was looking down adjusting the saree at my chest with the other with the pin held between my teeth.

That was when I bumped into someone's chest.
Ofcourse it was him. Kyuki kaise ho sakta hai ki zindagi me pehli baar ye aaj hi naa hota.
(Because how could it be that for the first time in my life this wouldn't happen today)

Goddamn he looked good in his black kurta with the sleeves rolled up. He even wore a golden dupatta hanging from his neck, we were even matching! Ughhh no not right now Aisha it's someone else's engagement yaar.
(Their outfits )-

"Kya hua kaha jaa rahi hai itni jaldi me?" He looked at me straight in my eyes taking the pin out of my mouth

"Kya hua kaha jaa rahi hai itni jaldi me?" He looked at me straight in my eyes taking the pin out of my mouth. I died, dead.
(What happened? Where are you going so quickly?)

Aadvik
"Kya hua kaha jaa rahi hai itni jaldi me?" I asked her taking the pin hanging from her mouth in my hands. Even I don't know why I aksed her but looking at her in that black saree made me melt. Now that we would be getting married I allowed myself to admire her.

And shit, she could kill me right there without any protest from me.

"Niya, usse mere pallu par pin lagani hai." She answered softly
(Niya, she has to put a pin on my pallu)
"She's not here right now she went to get some stuff the pandit needed for the pooja in the evening"
As soon as I told her this I heard her mumble "shit now I have to carry this without a pin "

My instant response? Put the pin myself. I moved around her towards her back gathered her hair and put them on her other shoulder.
"Ayy kya kar raha hai!"
(Hey, what are you doing!)

"I've helped mom tie her sarees alot darr mat" I laughed at her reaction.
(Don't be scared)

I took the pallu and put the pin on it luckily without hurting Aisha. As she turned around Niya ofcourse came into the view with Kunal. Fuck. They were gonna tease the shit out of us.

"Ohoooo" Kunal laughed putting his arm around my shoulder.
"Ek din to ruk jaate bhai, matching bhi krli dono ne!" teased Niya.
(You could have waited a day brother, both of you are already matching!)
I looked over at Aisha who had red all over her cheeks but still glared at Niya.

I just looked towards Kunal who was laughing like no end to the world, I raised my eyebrows with a glare and he stopped laughing, he knows what I'll do if he continued.
I turned towards Niya's forehead and flicked it with a finger and moved on towards my room. I heard an "ouch bhai" and laughed.
Today's was going to be fun.

Hello cutus,
Hnji btao thoughts??
I know the saree scene was a little quick but I mean they are getting married so I guess it's okay? But please tell me what you think of every line!
Also is this chapter length okay? I know some people prefer smaller chapters sooo.
Okay bye now!

With love,
Avu