Lean on me

AISHA
I'm scared. There. I said it. I'm scared of Rahul Mishra. I know what he's capable of now. He was all sweet and lovey when we were dating but since I broke up with him He's been my personal monster, texting me begging to get back together but to my benefit he moved to Bombay after collage so I was never afraid of him physically hurting me and it's not like he ever showed signs of doing such a thing either.
The past year, the texts lessened and then ended all together but since the news of me and Aadvik came out it they began again. I've tried blocking him but he gets a new number and starts again.

"I saw your dead beat dad, he doesn't seem very happy." He spats out.

"Say a word about my father again and I'll ensure you dont have a mouth to say anything ever again"
Yes, I might not be on the best terms with my father but I will not let a person like Rahul Mishra disrespect him like that.

"Really that sure your bodyguard Ahuja's will save you?" He throws an oily grin at me.

"First of all. Yes. I am." I speak confidently and then tilt my head.
"Second of all, the day I need help beating up a weak asshole like you is the day I stop calling myself a woman. Goodbye." With that, I try to move past him but his grip on my wrist stops me.

He hadn't done anything to get a beating yet but every second the chances are increasing.

"If not the engagement tell me you'll get a divorce." He says, the previous smile, now a frown.

"I'd rather die. Now let go and let me get back to my family." I jerk my hand out of his tight hold. A second later a gust of air pushed past me and the next moment Aadvik had Rahul pinned against the wall with his hand on Rahul's neck.

"Try hurting my woman again and I'll break every single finger that touches her painfully and much more. Understand?" Aadvik looks into his eyes with anger. It's almost as if his deep brown eyes had turned red with fire.

Rahul gives a weak nod, Aadvik gives the guy a punch on his face before letting go. The man drops to his knees immediately and holds up his hands to his bleeding nose.

I fell a comforting caress on my back and look up to see Vedant. Ofcourse he came despite everything. I'd have to give him a beating later if he didn't bring Ruhi. He rubs my back and tugs me in for a hug. That's when I notice the group of security covering the entire hallway up to ensure no one saw anything.

After a moment Vedant lets go and I look up to see Aadvik. His suit jacket was off and in the arms of a bodyguard as he talked to another bodyguard.

He immediately looks up at me and his gaze softens as he pulls me into his arms, gently patting my hair and kissing it.

All my thoughts run away in that moment and all I am is grateful. Grateful for him. Grateful for his arms.

He pulls my head away from his chest and tilted my face towards his. He wiped a tear off my cheek before cupping my face in his palm.

"As I said, lean on me and don't put pressure on your heels" he says metaphorically.

"I do put way too much pressure on my herls" I say as I nuzzle my face into his chest again.
"Yeah, you need to take more off and lucky for you I'm here." He reassures me making me smile.

By now the only people here are one of the bodyguards, us and Vedant who coos,
"Awww. Cuties" I roll my eyes as I pull out of Aadvik's embrace.
You can always count on Vedant Ahuja to lighten the mood.

"Where's your cutie, V?" I ask.
"Oh she's with Niya. Let's go!" He jumps up and loops an arm around my shoulder. Aadvik tells us he'll be there in a second, which frankly scares me and on the way Vedant tells me why he's here. Apperently Ruhi had to do the surgery early morning and then she decided they would come so they did. He also admitted to telling Aadvik about Rahul.