Pooja

AADVIK
The lunch was quick since everyone was tired after travelling and wanted some rest before the welcome party. One person who stayed back was Rohan Chacha.

"Bacho, Rohan Chacha se milne ke baad ek baar mere paas aa jaana" Maa says as she moves to accompany someone to their room. Rohan Chacha is someone I'm actually close to in my family, he's the youngest of all of dad's cousin and we've been close my whole life. He has always been my elder brother.

"Abhi!" He quips as he sees us approaching.
"Chacha" I give him a tight hug, since he moved to London it's been hard to meet him.

"Yaar mai kuch din ko gaya kya tune to shaadi bhi karli" he said, offended.
"You're one to talk" I nudge my chin towards his wife and son. The man had a child and I didn't even know.

"Ahh, right" he smiles sheepishly.
"So you're gonna introduce me or what?" He gives Aisha a look.

"Isha, this is Rohan Chacha, my buddy in crime since childhood. Chacha, this is Aisha, my soon to be wife" I say and the blush on her cheeks is a clear indication she loves being called that.

She bends to touch his feet but he holds her stiff, "kitna bada maanti hai mujhe!" He says pulling her into a hug. She laughs awkwardly as she returns it.

We talk for a while longer before excusing ourselves to talk to Maa.

"Maaji aur baba se milne chalo. Ishu, can you put your dupatta over the head. Maaji likes tradition." She says and Aisha jumps in action taking off the dupatta and placing it on her head.

"No, she doesn't need to do that" I reply. She doesn't need to act like a bahu just to meet my grandparents.
"Abhi, it's imp-" I cut Maa off.
"Maa, aapne to saha hai abh Ruhi or isse bhi?" I ask, I've seen my mother struggle with the ghoongat when Maaji and Baba would visit. I didn't want our generation to face the same.

"Aadi, it's fine" Aisha intrupted.
"Acha? How?" I spoke up angrily. Maa shook her head at us "jabh ho jaye tumhara aajana. 110." She said and went off.

I looked over to Aisha who looked like she could kill me. "What?" I shrugged.

"Aadvik, this is not some restriction to my freedom. They're elders, it's a sign of respect" she said calmly. "But-" she stopped me before I could continue.

"But nothing. I appreciate your concern but this is something I get to choose. Plus you can't overpower in mine and Maa's relationship Aadi. Me and mom have to form a seperate relationship and we can't do that if you interject our decisions" she explained, keeping a hand on my arm.

"Okay?"
"Okay"
I get what she's talking about. It's not my place to decide her decisions about these things or talk about her and Maa.

We both move towards Maaji and Baba's room. They are truly great grandparents. They've visited every couple of months since I was a baby, despite living in Punjab.

Since Aisha has already met Maaji and Baba a couple times, though they weren't aware of our wedding at that time we met up with them quickly and made our way out.

She excuses herself to go get ready and I move to get in some calls before everything.

AISHA
"Can you pass me the mascara?" I ask Niya, she quickly throws it in my direction and I start working on my lashes.

We are currently getting ready in my room for the first event for my wedding. And by we, I mean, me, Ruhi, Niya and Kyra. Right now, it's peak girl hood in my room. Music plays as we change into our dresses for the night and help each other get ready. All of us go so well together. Kyra is a firecraker and Ruhi joins in on it too while me and Niya just laugh looking at them.