Until...

AADVIK
Since I dropped Aisha off at her family's house my mind's been running like Usain Bolt. I've never been the over thinker but by the way my head's been rushing it makes me think otherwise. It's been over 30 minutes since my eyes meeting started and I can not pay attention. My assistant stands at the head of the meeting room table as she explains the power point slides to my team.
My thoughts don't stop as the team jots down questions to ask me after the ppt is done.

I'm practically meeting my in-laws today. What if they don't like me? Aisha did say her brother's very protective

I ramble on in my mind.

Aisha told me in the car how her brother once created a whole scene in her school just because he saw her talking to the playboy of the school, she was talking to him about a class project but none the less the guy got his share of protective brother responses for life.

And why do I care what they think of me? It's not like them not liking me will take Aisha away from me. Nothing will take her away from me. I love he-

Wait. Love?

Shit. I love Aisha. Goddamit how did I not realise this sooner.

I love her smile, I love how her eyes crinkle up to nothing when she smiles her heart out.

Most of all, I love when she's in my arms.

"Sir?" I hear my assistant's voice pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I was just saying that the slides are done. You can come up and end the meeting." She says. Fuck. I've never zoned out of work and definately never in a meeting.

I clear my throat and stand up. I take my phone out of my pocket to check the time. The screen glances at me with my wallpaper, it's a photo of me and Aisha on dinner after the engagement. I somehow control the smile and ask the team to shoot their questions and opinions.

After the meeting ends I come out of the conference room and move towards my office when Vedant stops me.

"Have a moment?" He asked and I nod in reply. The meeting ended a little earlier than expected so I could spare ten minutes if it's important.

We both went towards my office and he took a seat on the couch placed there.

"I just looked over the list of guests and their plus ones." He said before pausing and taking out his phone.

He handed me the device, it showed a man about Vedant's age.

"That is Rahul Mishra. Our classmate and the one Ishu had a crush on since the 7th grade. He's kind of the reason me and her met."

I intrupted him before he could say anything else.

"And why should I know this? I'm the one she's marrying." I said, my tone stern.

"Oh really! How dumb am I? Here I thought she was marrying Rahul, Mr.Possesive." He said, done with my bullshit.

"Rahul and Aisha started dating in the end of 12th. It went on till the last year of collage until..." He stopped.

"Until what?" My curiosity mixed with anger.

"Until he cheated. It was pretty serious and everyone thought it was endgame." He said as he made his way towards me and took his phone back from my hands.

I could barely speak anything. How could anyone, fucking ANYONE cheat on someone as incredible as Aisha. Hell, I'd rather take a bullet than do that.

This man is going to pay for what he did.