The 'Jorda'

Aisha
I danced my heart out as everyone else got there mehndi done.
The aunties went first and after 3 hours of constant work from the artists only a couple people were left including me.

Vedant entertained me as I waited for my turn.

We sat near where Ruhi's mehendi was being done and I noticed Vedant completely enraptured by her.

"I'm really really happy for you two Vedant. I remember the day you took her to a date and came back straight to me ranting for an hour on how perfect she is." I gave him a genuine smile.

"She is my forever Aisha. The day I met her I realised she was my forever." He replied not taking his eyes off of her.

I have always admired the love he has for Ruhi. The way he'll quite literally will and has done everything for her.

"Tujhe pata hai naa ki you will have this with Aadvik? I've seen the way he looks at you, the way he's comfortable with you. Aisa wo ek percente bhi Aditi ke saath nahi tha. He already is ready to do anything for you." Vedant ensured me.
(You know you'll have this with Aadvik right?)

"Vedant but tujhe bhi pata hai the only reason that I did all this was for dad. I can't let him reach there again. If this makes him okay I'll do it. Par pyaar ka pata nahi, maybe he's not even open to it. For all I know he might only be marrying me to continue the CEO role." I place my worries.
(Vedant even you know)
(But I don't know about love)

"Tu pagal hai. Kitna bhi smajha lo bhaagegi phir bhi galat direction me" he shook his head and stood up leaving me stranded.
(You're crazy. However much I try to make you understand you have to run in the wrong direction)

Vedant walked over to his fiancee giving her a kiss on the head and sat beside her. Seeing him so happy made me happy. I've seen him go through so much and now finally he is at peace and it gives me peace too.

They say you are a product of people around you and if this is the type of people I have around me I must be alright.

"Aisha? Hello" Aadvik waved a hand in front of me knocking me back into reality.

"Haan sorry" I shook my head a bit..

"It's okay. I just wanted to give you these, mom told me to get some from the market" He replied keeping the pack of henna cones on the table.

I nodded taking the box in my hands. As Aadvik began to walk away I remembered I had not seen him eat anything, he's been doing tasks all day.

"Kuch khaya tune?" He paused and turned back towards me.
(Have you eaten anything?)

His face held confusion.

"You've been running around all day. Kuch khaya?" I explained further.
(Eaten anything?)

"Umm not really I just had the poha." He confessed.

"You mean the 5 bites from mine?" I said folding my arms at my chest and tilting my head.

"Han, what about it?" He shook his head.

"Subha se bhooka kaam kar raha hai! It's 5pm, you have to eat." I took a hold of his arm pulling him inside to the food counter.
(You've been working starved since the morning!)

I stood in front of the pav bhaji server waiting for him to toast the bread.

He served the delicious almost golden bhaji with the side of bread and salad that made my mouth water.

Aadvik stood beside me and took the plate in his hands nodding towards me to try it first.

Chewing on the first bite it was incredibly hard to keep back the noises I wanted to make.