Sonhi de nakhre

AADVIK
"Sir the paperwork will come in under 30 minutes, can I bring anything for you until then?" My assistant peered up from her seat.

Today was my last day in New York and the most important one, we had acquired the May Group of hotels after years of negotiating with them. The previous CEO, Denman Scott was not ready to sell it away but lucky for us his resignation led his son, Asher Scott to become the company's leader and as expected with a couple million dollars higher than before the man caved within 4 days. Now I sat in our New York office with him waiting for the papers to be ready.

"No, we're good Ms.Sharma." I said without taking my eyes off my laptop.
She moved out the room with a quiet nod leaving me alone with the insufferable man.

Don't get me wrong I like people who benefit me with not much protest but he gave up all his father has worked for under a week for a couple millions.

"I guess congratulations are in order judging by your finger, Mr.Ahuja" he said, a cheeky smile covering his face.

"Thank You." A simple crisp answer because unlike him who was now no longer worried for company stresses, I had work that I needed to get done

As he was about to say something else my assistant knocked on the door.
"Come in."
She came in, her annoying heels clicking on the floor. I'd told her multiple times to avoid wearing them but she asked to wear them only on international meetings, I have no idea why I allowed that.

She kept my phone on my desk and continued,
"Sir, your phone got texts and notifications all of a sudden and you got a call from Ms.Niya just now." I kept my phone outside during meetings to avoid distractions and only when someone from the family, Kunal or Aisha called would my assistant bring the phone in, which was rare.

I told her to stay in the meeting room with Asher and I moved to my office.
As I entered I opened my phone to see several texts from everyone and another incoming call from Niya, I picked up and put the phone to my ear.
"Bhai! Mom is pissed right now." She yelled

"Kyu? Kya ho gaya I told you guys I'll come back tomorrow."

"Not because of that. Check the Bee News magazine. Now."

I knew that they would be the ones announcing our engagement so I wasn't surprised to see the headline

"THE ARORAS TO TIE KNOTS WITH THE AHUJAS!"

I swiped down on the screen with Niya on speaker and understood why Mom would be mad, the photo that was supposed to be up with the article was replaced with the picture of our first kiss instead. Aisha's arms looped around my neck while mine encircled her waist, luckily this one was taken in the start of the kiss so it didn't show her hand tugging in my hair.

Niya's voice blared through the speaker again.

"Abhi bhaiya! Why did you send this photo?" She asked and I could hear mom's voice screaming something at me. My mom never got mad but when she did it was dangerous. Neither did she have a problem with her children in relationships or kissing but one rule was strict, PDA must be kept to minimum.

"I didn't. My assistant was the one to receive and send the photos. I'm have a meeting right now, tell maa I will call her as soon as I am out." I said and ended the call before she could say anything else.

I read through the article before moving back towards the conference room.

'The CEO of The Ahuja empire and son of Sandeep Ahuja, Aadvik is now taken by the one and only Aisha Arora who you may know as the founder of Tranquil Designs, the biggest architectural and interior design company in the country. She is also the only daughter of Agam Arora, the CEO of Arora industries. The couple got engaged at the Ahuja mansion in an intimate ceremony and are said to be tying the knot before the end of the month in the Raj Palace, Delhi. They say the hurried wedding is due to personal reasons but can it be because the bride is eager to play in billions instead of millions?'