Love?

AADVIK
The next morning I woke up to a weight on my body and opened my eyes to see a beautiful face on my chest. My lips tugged at the thought of last night. As if on que the doorbell rings throughout the room waking me up even further. The sun glimmered lightly through the floor to ceiling windows covering the walls of Aisha's penthouse.

The bell rang again putting me into action. I tried moving out from under her body but quickly went against it realising it was better waking her up myself rather than stirring her awake. Before I could try waking her up the bell rang for the third time jerking Aisha awake.

She snapped up putting her hands on my chest for support but then layed back down nuzzling her face into my chest.

"That's Shilpa aunty, can you open it?" She mumbled the words.

"Okay but can you move a bit so I can actually get up?" I laughed as she slid off and curled up on the other side of the couch.

I went to the gate and peeped through the peep hole to see a woman in her 50s clad in a frown. Aisha told me about Shilpa Aunty a couple days ago, how she'd basically considered Aisha her own daughter but this was my first time meeting her.

Upon opening the door her frown deepend as she pointed me with her gaze. Her eyes travelled across my face as if trying to see through my soul.

"Namaste" I greeted.

"Namaste. Aisha kaha hai?" She asked as she ascended to the kitchen.

By now Aisha had covered herself with a blanket so it was hard to see her on the sofa between the several blankets.

"Oh, so rahi hai wo." I tilted my chin towards the sofa.

Her disapproval deepend as she investigated the sofa with her eyes.

"Itni late tak nahi soti wo usually." Aunty informed me as if speculating that it's my fault she's still sleeping.

"Hanji par wo hum late soye the." My jittery voice came out. I felt like I was meeting Aisha's mom by the way Shilpa Aunty scrutinized me.

She gave a curt nod before starting with her work. I moved towards the couch where I took off the blanket from Aisha's face. Her hair covered her entire face so I swiped it away before picking her up, making sure the blanket still covers her as I take her into the room I assume was hers by the clothes all over the closet.

My room was as clean as newly painted white walls and ironically also had simple white walls while hers was messy and  bright with colours and pictures of her with friends and family.
In the middle of a photo wall in her hallway I saw a pretty big photo frame right at the centre.

It was the family picture of all of us at our engagement. She beamed at the camera while Vedant pinched both her cheeks from  behind the sofa, Niya's arms came from behind my neck joining at my chest while Ruhi stood in the middle of my two sibling making 'v's with her fingers as if devil horns behind Aisha and my heads. Maa and Papa sat on either side of me and Isha on the sofa with huge smiles.

It might be how this photo stood out from all the others because of it's size or the fact she hung it despite the fact she'll be moving in two weeks but my heart jumped with love looking at the frame.

"You make her happy." Shilpa Aunty's voice came from beside me bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked away from the frame and towards her.

I gave her a small smile since I had no idea how to answer to that.

"Mai usse do saal se jaanti hu. Ek ek aadat, achi ya buri jaanti hu uski. Tumhare aane se pehele humesha aisi rehti thi jaise abhi pahad se dhakka maar dega koi. Darr me. Stress me. Par tumhare aane ke baad aisa hai jaise shaanti mil gayi ho. Khush rehti hai. Hasti rehti hai. Tum usse khush karte ho. Aise hi rehna shaadi ke baad bhi. Sorry mai shuru me aise dikhaya ki mujhe tum pasand nahi." She continued.