Fiance's

AUTHOR
The two had their gaze fixated on each other just like how everyone had theirs on them too. Aisha made her way to the stage where Aadvik came forward to help her get up on the stage.

He forwarded a hand to her, taking it she tried to make her way up to the two stairs placed in front of her but her lehenga kept slipping under her heels.

Aadvik bent his back, took all the extra cloth in his free hand lifting it up to help her. She smiled in a thank you as they walked towards and sat on the small loveseat in the middle.

They took a seat and immediately a crowd of women, headed by Rachna made their way over. All of their hands were teaming with gifts and baskets. They walked up to the couple and started the rasam, each giving gifts like jewellery, fruits, sweets, makeup and other things to Aisha as a symbol of accepting her into the family.

Aisha laughed seeing Niya struggle at taking out the necklace from its box as all the aunties yelled from diffrent directions for how to do it.
"Niya usse side se twist karo! " one aunty yelled from the side making Niya even more angry.
"Kaha se kisko kaise twist karu?!" She yelled back irritated by it all.

Luckily Ruhi came in saving the day and helped her get the necklace out and on her neck safely, though Niya did almost choked Aisha as she tightened the piece but Aadvik jumped up and saved her loosening the string on the back.
"Tujhe sachme meri biwi se kuch problem hai" he said to Niya pinching her bare skin from her saree making her squeel.

Aisha felt her cheeks flaming up at his words. Biwi.

It was finally time for the actual ring ceremony, everyone except Niya and Ruhi, who stood at either side of the couple holding the rings, were shushed off the stage by Vedant.

Aadvik stood there, calmly waiting for Aisha to get ready mentally. She stood up after a moment, a smile decorating her face as Aadvik got her ring from Niya.

Holding her left hand in his hand he gave one last caress to her finger and slid the metal, warm from his hold onto her finger.

It was a promise, it was the symbol of unity between the two, it was the beggining of a new future.
He waved his finger over the ring, looking at it with admiration and a small smile.

She repeated his actions sliding his ring past the knuckles.

They met each other's gaze with nothing but happiness, their rings glistening under the setting sun.

The moment broke as everyone around clapped and shouted around them, Vedant came up running like a child and took the two into a hug.

Next, everyone came up on the stage for pictures, congratulating the couple and wishing them happiness. After a bit when the sun hit horizon the entire family came into a huddle for a group picture.

AADVIK
As we took the family photo my eyes travelled behind the photographer towards Aisha's mom. She looked at all of us with a look of disgust covering her face, by everything I've heard and seen the woman doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone but herself. Even today, not once have I seen her smile at or talk to her own daughter. She didn't even come up to us to congratulate us, it was evident from Aisha's eyes, the hurt when her own mother after seeing that she would have to wait a bit to come on the stage went back muttering that she didn't have the time to wait. Wait for what? Being a part of your own daughter's happiness?

My trance broke as Maa stood in front of us, keeping on hand on either of our faces,
"Mere baccho ko kabhi nazar naa lage, humesha khush rehna." She said as her eyes brimmed with tears.
Aisha instantly came into action, hugging Maa.
"Maa ro kyu rahe ho!" She asked.