6

ROSALINE

I followed Igor down the large stairs and into a hallway. I couldn't help but admire the paintings that were hung on the wall. I wasn't one that knew a lot about art but I knew enough to tell that the artist was skilled.

Everything was beautiful. I didn't even know Igor had stopped until I bumped into his hard back.

"Ouch," I mumbled as I rubbed my nose. "Sorry," I heard him mutter and knock on a large door. After two seconds, he opened it and walked in.

I frowned. He didn't wait for permission?

I followed him in though. I shudder as I was hit by the cold air in the room. The A.C. was surely on.

"She's here, Boss," Igor said and my eyes fell on the man seated behind the desk.

God really has his favorites when he's creating people.

Alexei sat at his desk, dressed in a white buttoned down shirt without a tie and two of his buttons undone, letting out a peek of his hard chest.

"You sent for me," I cleared my throat before he could catch me staring at him. The last thing I needed was to be embarrassed in front of this man.

"Take a seat," he motioned to the chair in front of his desk, I obeyed.

"Have you had breakfast?" he asked me, surprising me in the process. I blinked, "Yes?" "Good. Let's get down to business then," he said and was tempted to roll my eyes. Igor walked out of the office.

Of course, everything was all about business.

"I'm listening."

"For one, do not talk back at me," he glared at me making me raise a brow. "Because?" I couldn't stop my mouth from moving.

Damn Rose!

His jaw clenched, "You have quite a mouth on you." "You have no idea," I said with a fake smile but that seemed to tick him off.

Good.

"You're not allowed to leave this house until I say so," he said and I nodded. It's not like I knew anywhere here.

"Whenever I have guests over, you are to be out of sight," he stated. "Why? Are you ashamed of your wife?" I narrowed my eyes at you. "You have a lot of nerves," his tone was dangerously lower and I took the sign to keep my mouth shut.

"You obey everything I say and your head will still be attached to your neck," he said. I was tempted to roll my eyes.

"Is that all?"

"Fuck up and get punished."

Now, that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

"You will punish your own wife?" I asked in disbelief. "Cross the line and I won't hesitate to clip your fingers with tweezers or even better, drill holes into your spin," he said without an ounce of emotion in his voice and I couldn't ignore the fear that spread through me.

This man was insane.

"You're out of your mind," I glared at me. "Say one more disrespectful thing and I won't mind cutting off your tongue," he retorted.

"You can't control me! I'm not a doll!" I yelled in annoyance as I stood up, agitated.

He leaned back in his seat and pulled out a pistol. My eyes widened as he pointed it at me. He clicked off the safety and my heartbeat accelerated.

"Why do you think I married you? You're mine to control and do whatever I want with. You're mine to torture and you're mine to fuck. You're mine to kill and you're mine to punish," he said with a sinister smirk.

"Like I'll ever let you touch me!" I scoffed and crossed my arms across my chest. At this point, I didn't even care if he killed me.

"Really?"

I glared at him in response.

"You are mine, Rosaline," he said and placed the pistol back on the table. "I belong to nobody," I glared at him and stormed out of his office.

"So infuriating!" I cried out in annoyance as I turned to walk down the hallway only to bump into someone causing me to fall on my butt.

"Ouch!" I groaned. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Volkov," it was Igor.

He helped me up. "Don't call me that," I muttered. "I can't. it's boss's order," he said and I huffed.

"Whatever," I walked away.

I turned around to see that he was following me. "Why are you following me?" I furrowed my brows. "I was assigned as your bodyguard," he said and I stared at him in disbelief.

"What the hell do I need a fucking bodyguard for?" I glared at him. It wasn't meant for him but I couldn't help it. His face remained indifferent.

"Our world is very dangerous," he said and I rolled my eyes. "No shit, Sherlock."

"Boss wants your safety to be guaranteed," he said and I wanted to laugh. "I'm not an idiot," I spat and continued walking.

"Where is my mother?" I decided to ask.

"I can take you to her," he answered and I nodded.

"Are you going to follow me everywhere?" I asked as I followed him down the hallway. "Only when necessary," he replied and I nodded.

He led me to a room upstairs and I stood by the door to face him. "Thank you, that will be all," I said to him. He nodded and turned to leave.

I walked in and my heart warmed when I saw my mother in the middle of the room on the bed with the IV attached to her arm.

I was glad that they were able to set everything up.

"Mom," I ran to the bed and sat down on it, beside her.

The window blinds were down so I quickly went to pull them up before going back to my position.

"I need to arrange your things first," I said and stood up to get her unpacked travelling bag.

When my father married Catherine, I packed all my mom's belongings into a bag and kept it in my room.

My father had put her in a spare room and allowed medical attention to be given to her.

I was still little and I wasn't really obvious of many things.

But when I turned seventeen, I realized that Catherine was making one of the maids feed my mother liquid poison.

Ever since then, I made sure it was only Lauren, Blaze and I that had access to the room. Lauren was the only maid I trusted.