50 (EPILOGUE)

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

ROSALINE

A yawn left me as I opened my eyes to the sunlight on my face. With a groan, I turned around to face my other side. I was having a slight headache and I was also tired from staying up all night to feed Diana. Even my breasts hurt at the moment.

I looked at the time on the wall clock to see that it was already noon. I've been asleep all morning. "I deserve a vacation," I moaned as I stretched my sore limbs.

My phone began to ring and irritation filled me immediately. "Why would anyone be calling me at this time?" I huffed as I searched for the scrap of metal on the bed before getting it in my hands.

After my previous phone was smashed into pieces, Alexei got me a new one. Me, being a woman that loves good camera squealed in happiness when I was gifted an iPhone 15. Really, I didn't care about whether it was cool or not, I just loved the camera. But I preferred Samsung though.

"WHAT?" I snapped to whoever was calling me. "Damn, woman. There's no need to be all bitchy with me," Blake sounded a little scared. "Who the hell calls at noon?" I glared at the ceiling.

"Well, normal people do that. But I've forgotten you're a different breed of human being," he answered with a chuckle making me roll my eyes. "What do you want? Don't you have a fiancée to attend to? Don't make me block you," I said as I sat up and got out of bed.

"Take a chill pill. I just wanted to know how you were doing and to check up on my niece. I don't even know if your postpartum is worse than your pregnancy stage," he rambled.

I yawned as I made my way to the bathroom. "You whine like a child," I stated and he sighed in frustration. I laughed, "Let me fix my appearance. I just woke up."

"I love you," he said and hung up.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I got dressed in a pair of black leggings and one of Alexei's very expensive shirts. I don't know why I decided to take it. Maybe it's become they were very comfortable or I maybe I just wanted to spite him.

Whichever reason it was; I really didn't care. I pulled my hair up in bun and put on the comfortable slippers I bought one time I can't remember.

"Damn, I'm so hungry," I groaned and went down the stairs. Then my brain registered something when I got to the stairs.

Diana wasn't inside her baby cot.

She must be with Alexei then.

I went into the living room and my suspicion was correct when I saw him on one of the couches with our three months old baby in his arms while he typed something on his phone.

"I have arrived," I announced as I approached them. He looked up to see me with a smile and stood to his feet. "How was your sleep?" he asked as he kissed my forehead. "It was fine a little. I'm still tired," I admitted as I hugged him.

Then Diana made a little sound. I giggled, "Hey baby." He gently handed her to me and I rubbed my nose on hers. She grinned and put her hand in her mouth.

"Where's Blakely and mom?" I asked as I took a seat on the couch. "They went to the zoo," Alexei answered as he walked out of the living room. I turned my attention to my little angel who was looking at me with her big gray eyes. I loved how she inherited both Alexei and I's features.

Her long lashes were so pretty and her smile would always make my heart melt. It wasn't only for me, others could testify.

The day she was born, my dad flew down here with Blake, Lauren and Lisa. The whole house was full with both Alexei and I's families. Even his father came. I was surprised because I have never spoken to him or even seen him. Alexei was also protective of us but I let his father touch Diana. He was happy.

"You love giving me sleepless nights, don't you?" I asked her as I kissed her cheek. She put her mouth on my nose making me chuckle. I saw Alexei walk in with a tray of food.

"Awn, you're such a sweetheart," I cooed to him as he placed the tray on a stool in front of it. He rolled his eyes but a small smile was playing on his lips. "I hope it's Diana you're talking to, not me," he said as he took a seat beside me and grabbed Diana.

"Don't get jealous when I shower my love only on our kids," I told him and took a bite out of the Blini he made. "Eat fast before she starts to cry," he said and stood up with her in his arms.

A smile played on my lips as I watched him rock Diana in his arms as he said with nothings in Russian to her. I quickly took out my phone and took a few recordings and pictures while he wasn't aware.

He turned around and I quickly finished my food. "I want to tell you something," he said as I stood up. I gulped down my apple juice, "I'll be right back."

I quickly went to drop my plates in the kitchen and came back to the living room. Alexei was making a makeshift bed on the couch with a few blankets that I hadn't even noticed earlier.

"I didn't know you're one of those dads I see on the internet," I teased as I went to sit on the other couch and watched him carefully place our daughter on the obviously very comfortable bed he had made for her.

"I don't know if that's a good thing or aa bad thing but I don't really care to know," he waved me off and continued what he was doing. I laughed and laid on my side.

When he was done, he approached me as I made space for him and he took his seat. "Thank you for the food," I pecked his stubble. "Anything for you," he returned it with a kiss.

"So you wanted to tell me something," I reminded him. He nodded as his hands started drawing circles on my arms. "I want to quit the mafia," he said. My head snapped to him within a millisecond.

"What?"

He nodded with all seriousness, "I'm really serious, Rose. I'd rather die than have any harm come to you or our daughters. That's why I've decided to quit the mafia."

All I could do was look at him with wide eyes. He couldn't be serious, could he? "Does your father or grandfather know?" I asked and he nodded. "What about Vlad and Igor?"

He nodded, "I'm making Vlad the new boss and Igor will be his assistant."

Damn, he was serious.

"Why? When did you even think of this?" I asked. "Since the day you brought Diana into this world, I made up my mind to protect all of you. And the best way is to leave the mafia and have a fresh start," he said and wrapped his arms around me.

Wow.

I wasn't sure if it was my hormones but I knew I was getting emotional. "I love you so much," I hugged him. He laughed, "I love you too, Rose. And Blakely and Diana. I love all you three."