30

ROSALINE

I wasn't feeling like myself at all. Today was new year's eve and I was staring at the pretty dress on my bed with disdain. I wasn't in the mood to dress up to anywhere but I had to follow Alexei to his company's party.

I wished he could just let me stay home but he insisted that I should be there with him. I wanted to use Blakely as my escape but Alina offered to look after her till we got back.

I groaned and looked back at the window. I felt sick, very sick. I wanted to curl up on my bed and sleep the whole day away. I didn't like how I was feeling. I felt like my emotions were overflowing out of my cup.

I looked at the clock to see I had only thirty minutes to get ready.

"Brilliant," I muttered as I quickly stood up and made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I was done, I slipped on a fresh pair of black lacey panties and a black bra.

I then moisturized my skin before going to put on the dress laid out on the bed for me. It was a floor length black dress that hugged my body and had a slight that started from my right thigh.

It had silver swirls designing the hem and the neckline which was a v neck. I was thankful it wasn't armless or backless. It had long sleeves, since the weather was freezing cold.

I ran my hand through my curls and used a comb to detangle them. "A bun will fit this dress," I muttered and began to gather my hair. After a few minutes of painful work, I was able to put my hair in a perfect bun on top of my head with little curls falling out.

I did my edges and slipped on my heels.

There was a knock on my door. "I'm coming," I grabbed my clutch which had my phone in it and walked out. Igor was standing there, wearing a black suit as usual.

"Hello to you too, Igor," I said with a smile. He nodded at me with a small smile and led me down stairs. Alexei was standing there in his glory, dressed in a gray suit.

He looked so professional with that tie around his neck and I felt the sudden urge to pull that tie and kiss him.

Tame your hormones!

"You look beautiful," he said to me with a smile. I rolled my eyes, "I still don't forgive you for dragging me with you." He chuckled and took my hand in his before leading me out of the house.

There was a limo waiting for us.

"Is there need for me to be on guard?" I asked him as we got in. "Not necessarily. It's a normal party but don't lose your guard. Some fuckers may decide not to use the brain that God gave them and do something stupid," he said and I chuckled with a nod.

Everything was beautiful at this party. It was held in the foyer downstairs. All of Alexei's employees were present, dressed in very beautiful clothing.

I must say, Russians have a beautiful sense of fashion.

I didn't understand the language so I made no effort to converse with anyone. Alexei introduced me to his board members which were a lot older than him but they were respectful too and I could tell that he also respected them equally.

They couldn't speak English so I just greeted them awkwardly. It was weird.

I didn't feel like I belonged here.

Not to mention that I was getting hungry.

This annoyed me. I was getting hungry often.

I thought Yeka was supposed to be here. I picked out my phone to call her. "Babe," she answered immediately. "Aren't you supposed to be here?" I asked her.

She chuckled, "I don't work in his company. I'm a computer scientist." My eyes widened. She was that smart?

"You shock me every day," I told her and she laughed. "So how is the party? I would have attended anyway but I needed to do something," she said to me.

Then I noticed Vlad wasn't here too. "It's okay. I don't understand whatever they're saying but everything is okay. What are you up to?" I asked.

She chuckled nervously, "Vlad asked to see me after work." "Did you say yes?" I asked hopefully.

She needed to give him face. "Yeah, I did. I plan on letting the cat out of the bag and accepting everything that happens after," she said to me. A smile grew on my face, "That's wonderful. I promise everything will turn out okay."

I hoped so.

"I pray so. Don't worry, I'll tell you every single detail when I get back. Meanwhile, enjoy your party," she said teasingly. I rolled my eyes, "I'm not sure that will work."

"Maybe after, you can take the damn tests!" she pushed. I rolled my eyes. "Never," I pressed.

"We shall speak of this later. I need a change of clothes," she said, muttering something in Russian and hung up. I put my phone back in place and flagged down a waiter that was holding a tray of champagne.

I took a flute and thanked him before turning to leave.

After that incident on Alexei's birthday, he made me go back to my room to rest throughout the whole day after I told I'm I felt sick. Alina and Anya gave me knowing looks and I didn't like it.

Yeka brought five pregnancy tests the next day, asking me to take them but I refused. Instead, I put them in my drawer and told her I couldn't be pregnant.

Getting pregnant was the last thing on my mind. I needed to take care of Blakely first even though having a child of my own looked so tempting.

I sighed and took a sip of my champagne.

I wonder how I'd look if I was pregnant. Would I be fat, or slim?

"Excuse me, Mrs. Volkov?"

I turned around to see a beautiful woman by my side. She was pregnant and she was beautifully dressed in a blue dress that stopped at her knees. Her blonde hair stopped on top of her shoulders and her blue eyes were so bright. She looked straight out of a Disney movie.

"Good evening," I smiled at her. she smiled back at me, "I am Yulia, Mr. Volkov's personal assistant." She chose her words carefully so I could tell she could only speak minimum English.

At least I could communicate. "It's nice to meet you. You look so lovely in your dress," I complimented. Her cheeks heated, "Thank you very much. It comfortable."

She was very cute. I liked her instantly but the thought of Alexei seeing her all the time caused a jealous tinge in my chest.

Come on, Rose. You're better than that! The woman is pregnant for crying out loud!

"You are very beautiful," she said to me and I smiled. "Thank you very much, Yulia."

She nodded and waved me bye before leaving to find her husband.

I sighed and sipped my drink again, my eyes searching the crowd for a particular man.

Then I found him.

With a woman attached to him like a leech. She had her claw like hands around his arm and on his chest while he told her something. Who the fuck does nails like that?
I thought I was just a Cardi B thing.

Irritation began to build inside me when I saw her rest her head on his shoulder as she laughed. I'm sure it wasn't even funny.

Alexei gently tugged her off him but she didn't seem to get the hint.

"I'm about to show you the hint," I downed my drink and handed it to a waiter before storming my way to them.

"Am I missing something?" I asked clearing my throat making them look at me. "Rosaline," he said my name as if he was relieved. I rolled my eyes and turned to the bitch with big breasts that I was sure were as fake as her nails and lashes.

"My husband doesn't appreciate your hands on him," I said bitchily and yanked her hands away from his arm. The woman looked dumbstruck. "Who do you think you are claiming to be his wife?" she glared at me.

"Don't be dumb," I said and raised my left hand to show her my wedding ring.