47

ROSALINE

"Where are you heading to, ma'am?" one of the guards asked when I got to the gate. I couldn't believe the gate was so far from the mansion. But I guess it was for safety reasons.

Swallow the lump I felt in my throat, I faked the most realistic smile I could muster. "Well, the weather seems nice for a walk. Don't you think?" I asked him. The other guards looked at each other with confused looks.

"We can get a car and escort you," the man in front of me said. I shook my head and waved him off, "There's no need for that. I will be back in nothing more than an hour. So, please open the gate."

They gave me a hesitant look but I widened my smile to convinced them. It worked, thankfully.

I thanked them as they opened the gate and I walked out.

There were no buildings in this area. Only trees and a road path.

I exhaled, running my hand through my hair and began to walk down the road. I hoped Alexei and Vlad were still alive.

When I got to the main street, I hailed a taxi to take me to my definition. I couldn't ignore the sick feeling in my stomach as I got in.

My heart was beating loudly in my chest as I walked down the dirty and wet hallway. I could hear water dripping from an empty pipe while the lights flickered. I couldn't really see anything.

"I'm coming, Alexei," I mumbled to myself as I gripped my phone. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw a large man standing at the end of the hallway.

"You came, my love!" his voice was familiar and it was sickening in real life. I placed my hand on my thigh where I had hidden my pistol. "Where is my husband?" I glared at him as I approached him.

I stood a few feet away from him. I could see his features. He was ugly, with a scar across his forehead and a dirty smirk on his face. He said something in Russian and then switched to Italian.

"Let's go and see the fearless mafia boss," he said and opened the door beside him to walk out. I followed after him and my eyes widened when I saw that we stepped into open space.

We walked down and I felt my hands shake as I held my bag close to my chest, praying that the tracker on my phone was giving the correct location. Before coming, I had told Yeka and Vincenzo about this.

Yeka protested about me coming alone but that was the only way to carry out the plan. I couldn't stop my heart from beating loudly in my chest but I managed to keep a straight face as we walked into another building.

Everywhere was dim and it made me feel uncomfortable and slightly sad. He led me into a room and I felt bile in my throat when I saw a chair with straps in the middle.

I was about to turn to leave when he grabbed me harshly. His grip was hard and painful. "Let me go!" I tried to yank my arm from him. Two larger men ran in holding their guns. "Take her to the chair and lock her down!" he commanded.

I was harshly grabbed and pulled towards the chair. "Let me go!" I wanted to wrap my arms around my stomach to protect my baby. There's no way I'm going to let them arm him.

"What do else do you want?" I glared at the scarred man as he stood in front of me. I was tied to the chair with ropes harshly biting into my skin and it was painful.

"My love, the answer is very simple. I want you, and only you," he walked towards me and leaned forward. I moved my head away in disgust, "Don't call me that."

He chuckled, "You'll have to get used to it." "Boss" one of the ogres held my phone up in the air. "Smash," the scarred man ordered and my heart dropped.

I watched as they threw my phone in the wall and they stomped on my phone continuously. "Fuck you!" I yelled at the scarred man. "My name is Boris and I'd love if you'd shut your pretty mouth and be a pretty little submissive girl," he said with a low threatening voice.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and looked away, "Get out of my face." Then my face was harshly grabbed making my jaw hurt. "You're under my rule now, you will obey me or your husband dies."

I hid my fear and looked him in the eye but I did not utter a single word. Maybe he took my silence for submission because he stood straight and smiled like a psychopath before turning to face his ogre men.

"Open the blind and let her see her husband," he laughed and my heart dropped.

I watched one of the men walk over to the wall where my phone was on the floor. Well, that is if you could still call it that. My breath hitched as he pressed a button on the wall.

If I get out of here alive, I'm going to make them swallow every piece of metal from that phone.

Then my mouth was suddenly covered with a rag cloth. I tried to shake off their grip so I wouldn't get gagged but Boris rewarded me with a slap. And damn, it stung so badly that it brought tears to my eyes.

What is it with all these men and slapping me?

"Behave, you little slut!" he ordered. If I wasn't gagged, I would have said something more provoking to the bastard.

"Boris"

My heart skipped a beat at the voice I so much longed to hear. I looked behind the disgusting man in front of me to see that the wall was no more there. But there were iron bars separating this room from the room Alexei and Vlad were in.

"Alexei! Vlad!" I wanted to scream but it came out muffled. My heart ached when I saw the bruises and cuts on their bodies even though they had a straight face.

Alexei didn't look too happy to see me hear and so did Vlad. I could even tell that they were worried.

"How does it feel to see your wife before you finally die?" I saw Boris ask as he approached them. He passed through the iron bars and approached Vlad. Alexei didn't even show any sign of emotion. He looked bored while Vlad was clenching his jaw.

Then I saw Boris bring out a dagger from his pocket. I shook my head vigorously, trying to get out of the chair when he slowly approached Alexei. "Stop!" I cried out but it was still muffled.

I scream left me when he stabbed Alexei's thigh. I struggled to get free but it was nowhere near possible. I watched my husband groan a little while Boris looked satisfied as he pulled out the dagger.

I'm going to kill his, I promise you Alexei.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks as I watched Alexei's thigh bleed. The blood was dripping down his thigh and it made my heart ache. He'll lose a lot of blood!

"Let her go," Alexei said in a low voice. Boris cackled. "She is the key to taking over your empire and I will have her as my wife and have my way with her over your grave over and over again," he said and I felt the sudden urge to vomit.

"Oh, our pretty wife has something to say," he turned to look at me. The rag cloth was removed from my mouth and I glared at him. "Fuck you!"

"That will be later baby"

Then there was a loud bang.