46

Only God knew how long I stayed in my mother's arms, crying my heart out. She quietly stroke my cheeks as I calmed myself down. I missed her touch so much that my heart ached badly.

"You're still a baby," she chuckled softly and I sniffled as I sat up.

"I'm sorry," I wiped my cheeks. I haven't cried this much in a long time. I don't even know if it's the pregnancy hormones or what. She chuckled again and gave me a bright smile. The door opened and I turned to see Anya walk in with a mop in her hands.

"Oh my!" She gasped and the mop fell from her grip. She began to speak in Russian as she approached us with wide eyes filled with happiness.

The my mother replied her in the same language. My eyes widened in shock as I snapped my head to her in disbelief. Anya looked shocked too.

"I will go and make soup now!" She squealed happily and ran out of the room.

I stood up and disconnected the IV from her arm. "Can you stand up?" I asked her as I pulled the covers off her. "I don't know, I just woke up," she said with a raised brow.

I smiled and helped her slowly get up. Her legs were a little shaky but she leaned on me as I led her to the bathroom.

After cleaning up properly, I helped her get changed in a clean floral dress. I braided her kinky hair and filed her nails.

When I was done, I was satisfied with what I had done.

Her brown skin glowed and her light brown eyes had life in them now. Evangeline Garcia was one of the most beautiful women on the planet and I was proud of it.

"I'm very hungry," she stated as I helped her back to the bed. "Anya will soon be here with your food," I said to her and she nodded with a smile.

Everything still felt surreal.

I was still skeptical of everything.

I felt a hand on mine, pulling back to reality. I looked at her. "You've grown so big. I can't believe I missed out on your teen days," her eyes watered.

"Mom, please don't cry," I quickly said and took her hands in mine. A tear fell from her eyes, "I heard everything, Rose. I tried to come back to consciousness when you kept crying about how Catherine treated you. If was hard."

"When you told me you were getting married, I desperately wanted to see you in your wedding dress. I even wanted to stop the wedding. When you told me you were pregnant, I fought hard to wake up," she sniffled.

My heart ached.

I felt fresh tears falling down my cheeks. "I'm so happy you're awake now," I sniffled and smiled at her.

That was all that mattered now.

It's been two days since my mother had woken up. I took her to the hospital to get checked and we were told to keep coming every day for proper check up and other stuffs.

"I like apples!" Blakely said to my mom. I smiled as I looked them through the rareview mirror. Mom has Blakely on her lap as they looked through pictures and videos on the iPad Alexei had bought for Blakely some time ago.

Yesterday, Alina and Vera came over to see Blakely so I introduced them to my mom. Alina and my mom hit it off immediately.

I informed Dad and Blade about her conscious state and they cried.

Yes, those two grown up men cried. Why wouldn't they? Everyone loved mom. Well, apart from Catherine.

Mom refused to return to America. We all understood where she was coming from so dad didn't press on it.

I tried calling Alexei several times but he wouldn't pick up.

I felt a wave of nausea hit me and I gagged as I held my stomach. "Are you okay?" I heard Igor ask.

I nodded as I swallowed the sick feeling I was having and closed my eyes.

We got home and I decided to retire to my room.

When I got in, I dropped my bag in the nightstand and climbed it.

This morning, I tried calling Vlad too but his line was dead.

I really hope they were okay.

Then, my phone began to ring.

I grabbed my bag and brought it out. My eyes widened when I saw the caller ID.

"Alexei?" I answered.

I was rewarded with a laugh. My stomach churned.

It wasn't Alexei's.

And it wasn't a good one.

"Hello, sweetheart," a sick and unfamiliar voice called. "Who are you?" I asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"Voice is just as pretty as you look," he said with a sigh. I felt sick by his words. "Where's Alexei," anger filled me.

"Oh, that man. He and his friend are playing hit the pinata with my men!" He said happily.

My heart dropped. J knew what he meant.

"What do you want?"

"You"

"Over my dead body!" I spat. This man was crazy. He had an Italian accent but it was so mixed with Russian.

He laughed.

"Oh sweetheart. The moment I saw you at that party, I knew you were going to be mine. It's either I kill your filthy husband to have you or you come willingly and I'll let him go," he said.

I couldn't breathe.

My hands were trembling and I couldn't think straight.

"Leave Alexei alone," my voice was unrecognizable to me.

"Awn, is little Ms. Powerful already sad? I love the submission so much," he chuckled like the maniac he was.

"I'm not submitting to you!" I snarled. I hated how egoistic this man was. It was sickening.

"Come here and be mine. I'll let your man free. That's if I haven't killed him before you arrive," he chuckled the last part.

"Don't you dare!" My knuckles were white from gripping the bedsheets too hard.

"Come here then, pretty little thing." I hated his stupid nicknames.

"Where is the place?"