24

ROSALINE

"He was so sweet and I don't even know what else to say anymore," I sighed as I played with the lipstick in my hand while I stared at my love struck face in the mirror. I felt like a fool in love.

"So this is love," Lisa sang from the phone and I rolled my eyes. "Use your brain," I said and she chortled. "I do not appreciate you speaking of a dangerous man as if he is some prince charming," Blaze voice boomed.

I frowned. How did he get there? "Blaze, stop being an ass," I heard Lisa say and it was followed by a groan. I take it she punched him in the guts. Go Lisa!

"I do not appreciate you eavesdropping on a matter that doesn't concern you," I said to my older brother. He scoffed, "It concerns me very much, sister."

"Don't you have other matters to attend to?" I asked. "For instance, Lauren?" Lisa added smugly and I had to cover my mouth to stifle a laugh. "Rose has had too much effect on you. I need to take you to church for deliverance," Blaze sighed and I burst into laughter.

He was in love with one of our maids, Lauren. I liked her, she was pretty with short brown hair and big blue eyes. She was also tall and slim with the brightest smile ever. She didn't like Catherine at all. From the day my father had hired her, my brother was smitten when he saw her and I knew he wasn't going to rest till he had her as his.

Well, it went well.

"I'll leave you guys alone to argue. I need to get ready," I said to the phone as I picked it up. "Say hi to mom for me and tell your husband that I'll find him if he hurts you," Blazes and I rolled my eyes. "Love you guys," I said and hung up.

I sighed and picked up the hair straightener, contemplating whether to straighten my hair or not.

I was going to wear a red dress, straight her would be a good match.

After what felt like an hour of painful work, I was convinced my arms would fall off. I hated doing my hair because of the length and thickness. It was pure torture.

I checked the time and cursed when I saw I was running out of time. Alexei would be back any moment from now.

I literally ran to my wardrobe to grab the dress and put it on. It hugged my body well and stopped mid thigh with a dipped neckline and long sleeves.

I did my makeup and brushed my hair so it would look neater. "I look hot," I chuckled and went to put on my heels. There was a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"Boss is waiting for you downstairs," it was Igor. "I'll be down in a moment," I said as I finished strapping my heels and stood straight. I wished I could just wear sneakers or slippers.

Grabbing a pair of red fashion slippers and putting my phone in a purse, I walked out of the room.

Igor was standing outside, dressed in an all-black suit that really fitted him well. "Good evening to you too," I waved at him and he nodded with a smile before leading me downstairs.

"I have arrived!" I announced in a sing-song voice as I walked into the living room. Alexei was receiving a call but he looked at me with a smile and held out his other hand for me which I gladly took.

Igor followed us out of the house and we got into a Maserati that was waiting for us.

"You look beautiful," Alexei said when he hung up and turned to me. My cheeks heated, "Thank you. You look nice too."

Then he raised my left leg and slipped a strap up till stopped at my hip. "You'll need it in case of any emergencies," he said as he buckled a pocket knife to it and then put my dress back in place.