42

ROSALINE

I just entered my second trimester!

My baby bump was starting to become evident. I couldn't stop staring at it in the car as the driver took us to the hospital to get my prenatal and to take an ultrasound.

"What's wrong?"

I turned to look at Alexei who was looking at me with a frown. "I'm getting fat," I pouted and rubbed my stomach. It was protruding and round.

Oh my God!

"I don't see that," his frown deepened. I rolled my eyes, "It'll soon be evident. I'll become fat with swollen legs and pimples all over my face. I'll become ugly."

Alexei rolled his eyes and said something in Russian. "I'm getting a personal AI because of you," I huffed and turned to face the window. He chuckled and pulled me to him.

"I said you'll incredibly beautiful no matter what happens to you," he said and placed my hand on his chest. "Even if I was a worm?" I asked. He glared at me, "Why do you always have the reasoning of a child?"

"Why do you act like a grandpa?" I shot back.

He raised a brow at me and I did the same in a challenging manner. He sighed and shook his head before looking away from me. I grinned and laid my head on his lap.

The rest of the ride was filled with silence and a few minutes later, the driver announced that we were at the hospital.

"Allow me to work here," I said as we walked into the large building. It was so beautiful just like the exterior. I loved how the atmosphere was chilly, thanks to the air conditioner.

I missed the smell of antiseptic lingering in the corridors and hallways.

Call me crazy if you'd like.

I missed my work.

"No, you're not working," Alexei said firmly as he held my hand in his. I glared at him and tried to yank my hand away but he kept a firm grip on it.

"How am I supposed to earn a living for my baby?" I asked as we approached the receptionist to get checked in. "I'm the bread winner, Rose," Alexei stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world and I was just dumb.

"So what am I then? The bread eater? I don't like being idle at home, it sucks," I told him. He sighed and turned to the receptionist to check us in. after doing that, she led us to the doctor's office.

"I understand what you mean, Rose. But I don't want you to be under any pressure or stress with your pregnant state," he said and kissed my temple before we walked into the office.

Did I ever mention that he was a sweetheart?

I couldn't stop looking at the ultrasound pictures.

I really had a tiny human growing inside me!

I subconsciously placed my hand on my stomach as I stared at the photo in my other hand. The fetus was so tiny but it looked so beautiful.

My heartbeat sped up at the thought of having my own baby in my own arms. If it were to be a boy, would he look like Alexei? Or what about a girl? Would she look like me? Whose character will they inherit?

They better not inherit Alexei's behavior.

Or even mine.

The bathroom door opened and Alexei walked out wearing a pair of sweatpants with a loose black shirt. It looked good on his muscular body.

"I can't believe you're going to eat everything," he said in amusement, referring to the tub of ice cream on the nightstand. It was already half-empty. I took a break to look at the pictures for the seventh time in the last hour.

"If you want some, ask and it shall be given," I teased and placed the pictures back on the nightstand. He rolled his eyes and approached me on the bed.

He took the pictures and climbed onto the bed.

"You're not going to work?" I asked him.

ALEXEI

Was she seriously asking me this?

"I'm staying with you for the day," I told her and picked up on of the pictures as I laid on my back.

I was starting to mentally prepare myself for the worst during this pregnancy stage. I've seen Alina's mood swings and constant cravings when she was pregnant with Vera. At least hers wasn't really that over the top.

As for Rosaline, she could blow up like a bomb if anything went wrong. Last week, she held a grudge with me because I came back home late from work. I couldn't even understand what was going on then.

It was frustrating.

How could I, a fucking mafia boss beg a girl to stop crying?

Not like I minded. I did it to Blakely.

Rose had the ability to give me a heart attack even while sleeping.

"Are you sure you don't want any ice cream?"

I looked at her and I pursed my lips when I saw her mouth full with ice cream all over her mouth. It was even on her nose.

This girl loved to eat messily.

"Rosaline," I sighed and leaned forward to wipe her stained face. She swallowed as I swiped my thumb over her nose and I was rewarded with a kiss.

I tasted chocolate.

She pulled away and gave me the most childish grin I've ever seen in an adult.

Her beauty was unmatched.

I'd do anything for her. I'll protect her with all my life.

"You're being naughty," I stated and laid back on the pillow before wiping my hand on a napkin. She pouted and continued to eat. "It's been long since you've bent me over."

That sent a signal to my dick.

"Rose," I warned, not looking at her.

She sighed and I heard the plastic container of her ice cream hit the floor. I looked at her, she was laying on her side looking at me. "Peanut and I are done eating," she said, rubbing her exposed stomach.

Her stomach was slighter bigger and round. Every time I saw her, a spark of pride would grow inside me. She was carrying my child. That was the best thing that could ever happen to a man in love.

"With how peanut looks like, I think he's going to be a boy," she said and took a picture from my lap.

I looked at the one in my hand and raised a brow, "How sure are you?" she shrugged, "Just guessing. I want a mommy's boy." She grinned and I rolled my eyes.

This pregnancy state is going to bring out the childishness inside her.

I'll need to double her protection.