34

ALEXEI

We still hadn't found her. all we knew was that Sahin was holding her captive. The Scottish Mafia was serving protection for Sahin's Mafia. The Chinese were always so fucking useless. All they ever did was obey whoever that paid them more money.

They were total snitches that was why I never associated with them. They only followed money, like a leaf on top of a river letting the wind blow it in any direction.

Fucked up people.

I'll kill all of them this time. I'll burn their fucking country down!

In futile attempts to suppress my anger, I took another swig of my whiskey.

"Drinking will not solve any problem, son," I heard a voice.

I knew who it was. My father.

He walked towards the dining table and sat across me before placing his hands on the table and looking at me. I returned the stare. I wasn't scared of him.

"That's rich, coming from a man that drank his life away on his wife funeral night," I retorted and he chuckled. "You will find her," he said to me. "I know. And I will kill that bastard," I said through gritted teeth as my grip tightened around my bottle.

ROSALINE

I couldn't move my body the way I wanted. I was tied to a chair again and it was very uncomfortable. Ever since that night that Mary got killed, I feared for anyone that would come near me.

I don't even know how long I spent here. I counted two nights after Mary's death but I stopped when I saw how useless I was being.

I've vomited a few times, even though it was just gastric juice. I felt sicker with every minute that passed. Breathing became very hard for me and my vision was no longer clear.

"Are you going to cooperate now?" Sahin's irritating voice brought me back to reality. I forgot he was still here.

I looked up at him with a bored expression. He was smiling like a psychopath that he was. "Tell me what is in Alexei's inner circle warehouse," he demanded.

How was I supposed to know?

Even if I knew, I wouldn't spill anything to this bastard.

"Over my dead body," I spat and that seemed to anger him. Not like a cared.

"You stupid bitch!" he yelled and asked his men for something in Turkish. I rolled my eyes, "Those are the only words in your vocabulary?" my mouth was going to be the very death of me for real!

If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under by now with the way he glared daggers at me.

"I will kill you before he gets a chance to see you!" he threatened as one of his men handed him a whip. My heartbeat sped up but I kept my straight face. "Good luck with that," I said and then it came.

A sharp and painful slash on my arm. It burned my skin making me close my eyes and hiss in pain.

When was the last time I got a beating with a whip?

I opened my eyes to see him laughing. "Who knew that a little whip could break you?" he chuckled to himself like he had just found a magnificent discovery.

Too bad.

It's going to take more than a whip to break me.

"Who knew an old bastard could be such a dog that eats its own vomit?" I laughed drily.

His eyes glared at me as his nose flared.

I struck a nerve.

Nice.

I was rewarded with a slap on the same cheek from before.

In return, I spat blood on his ugly shoes. "Perfect design!" I laughed, loving how his face contorted in displeasure and disgust.

"I will teach you a lesson!" he yelled and then my beating began.

First it was two, then it became six, then seven.

I counted thirty five whips on my skin before he stopped. He was breathing heavily while I had cuts, bruises and blood all over me. I had a busted lip and my whole body was in intense pain.

Still, I didn't let it show. I wasn't that weak.

"Tired, old man?" I raised a brow at him with a chuckle.

"Untie her," he said as he removed his belt and made a noise with it. Then someone rushed in. "Boss, Wang asks for you," he said, causing them to stop.

Sahin hissed and turned to me, "I will come back for you." He then motioned to his men to follow him out.

Once they were gone, I let out a pained sigh. I looked at my arms, legs and thighs. My dress was torn. A once beautiful dress was now a dirty and blood stained rag.

My stomach churned and I doubled over the best I could to spill out whatever was inside my stomach. There wasn't much and I was left to gag until I couldn't do it anymore.

I was breathing heavily and my stomach began to ache painfully. I closed my eyes in pain. My abdomen was hurting badly.

Honestly, I didn't want to die.

I still wanted to see Alexei. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted to be by his side.

And Blakely? I wanted to watch her grow up into a beautiful and independent woman. I wanted to be there for her in every step of the way.

I wanted to have kids of my own and grow old too. I wanted to see my mother wake up.

My body ached.

"I'll kill him. I'll kill him," I repeated through gritted teeth. I know Alexei will find me. But I hoped I won't be dead before he does.

I never liked the idea of killing. I never came across anyone and wished to kill them. I always wondered why my father would kill someone. I would wonder why Blaze would kill someone innocent.

I'd confront him and he'll tell me I wouldn't understand.

Now, I realized that there are people who deserved to be killed. I have never craved to have someone's blood on my hands. But now, I crave to be bathed in Sahin's blood.

I crave to see the agony in his eyes as I rip his life away from him.

He deserves a gruesome death for all the pain he has caused to innocent people.

Mary popped up in my mind and my jaw clenched. She shouldn't have come to me if she knew she'd be killed. Are there other women like her?

That man deserves to die!