36

ALEXEI

"BURN THIS FUCKING PLACE DOWN!" I yelled to my men as I walked out of the building with my wife in my arms. I was so angry. She was so thin, I felt her bones and it made me so conscious as I carried her.

"Find Sahin. Don't kill him, bring him to me!" I commanded. The rest of my men nodded and ran in the direction of where Sahin went. I approached the car where Igor was waiting for me.

I turned to Blaze, "Take her to the jet and take her to the hospital." He frowned, "What about you and the others?"

I waved him off, "We'll come when we're done here. Please look after her." he nodded and closed the door. I watched the car drive out of this filthy place before turning around and bring out my gun.

Time to bring hell to this place.

One of my men ran to me. "Sir, there are a few women held captive in a room. They have children with them too," he informed me. "What is their condition?" I asked.

"They are very unclean and they don't look well kept," he said to me. I sighed. "They're his slaves. Evacuate them from that place and take them to a police station."

He nodded and walked away from me.

My eyes caught something.

That fat bastard was trying to get into one of the cars. I raised my gun and aimed at his leg before shooting. A groan left him as he fell to his knees and turned around.

I watched as his eyes widened and he struggled to bring out his gun. With that, I shot both of his hands making him cry out in pain.

"You bastard! Look what you've done to my territory!" he yelled at me in anger. I glared at him as I slowly approached him. From the corner of my eye, I saw a man at the corner of a building getting ready to shoot me. I sighed and fired at the idiot.

His men knew how to kidnap for sure. But they knew almost nothing about having a perfect aim.

"You think you can just steal from me and I will overlook it, right?" I asked as I crouched in front of the bald bastard.

Sahin glared at me, "I will bring your mafia down and climb to the top!" I rolled my eyes. "Your greed sickens me," I scowled and grabbed his fat ear.

"You're going to pay for everything you did to my wife," I stated and hit my gun on his head, knocking him out cold.

I stood to my feet and called one of my men to come and get the piece of trash.

Then Vlad called. "We've gotten the captives out. We found some of our missing goods here in his basement," he said and I frowned. "The goods from September?"

"Yes. We have a mole in our mafia," he said and my jaw clenched. "We'll handle that when we get home. clear out everything," I said to him and he nodded.

Fortunately or unfortunately for Sahin, he was the last of his bloodline. His thirsty greed made him kill his father and mother. He had no wife and no children. He had killed his other family members because he didn't want to share any of his properties.

A greedy and stingy man he was.

I saw Yeka run to me. She had blood splashes on her blonde hair and some stains on her white shirt. She didn't look happy at all.

"I deserve a raise for this!" she pointed at her hair. "It's a nice color," I told her and she glared at me. "Have you taken her back?" she asked me. I nodded. My jaw clenched when I remembered Rosaline's bloodied face.

"Let's burn this place to crisp," Yeka said and brought out a grenade from her pocket.

When my feet touched the grounds of Russia, it was already past midnight. I was fucking tired but that wasn't going to stop me from going to see Rose in the hospital.

I sent a text to Blaze as I walked towards the car waiting for me. "I'm so glad it's all over," Yeka said with a yawn as we got in. "Says the girl that was eager to blow up a whole estate earlier," Vlad teased as he got in with us.

"Shut up," she yawned and rested her head on his chest. I saw the look on his face, his cheeks heated and I made a note to tease him about it later.

But for now, I just wanted to see my wife.

The car began to move and I saw a text from Blaze.

'We're still at the hospital'

More than half an hour later, we arrived at the hospital and I made my way towards the private ward that they put Rose in. I met the doctor standing with Blaze.

"Mr. Volkov," he greeted me and I nodded.

"How is she?" I got straight to the point. He nodded, "She's stable now. It'll take a few hours for her to gain consciousness but she requires bed rest."

"She's okay?" Yeka approached us with hope in her eyes. The doctor nodded.

I craved to see Rose.

"We've treated the injures. Thankfully, they were not infected and she had no internally injury," doctor Ivan said. He was the doctor for our Mafia and I trusted him enough.

He had a look on his face that meant he had more to say.

"Spill it," I demanded, my eyes trained on the window on the door. I could see Rose on the bed with wires attached to her body. It made me sick seeing her so fragile.

Ivan cleared his throat and I saw him scratch his neck from the corner of my eye. "Get on with it!" Blaze snapped in annoyance.

"I don't know if you are aware that she's pregnant," Ivan said and my head snapped to him in almost a millisecond.

"What?"

Ivan cleared his throat, "She's two months pregnant. The fetus is alive and healthy, thankfully."

I was dumbstruck.

"I fucking knew it!" I heard Yeka hiss. I looked at Vlad and Blaze. They both wore the shocked expression I was wearing.

I needed to see her.

Without a word, I opened the ward and walked in.

The air smelt of antiseptic.

I hated it.

I got to the bed and sat beside her on the arm chair. My chest was hurting. It was fucking hard to breathe seeing her like this. My jaw clenched when I saw a cut on her cheek.

My hand automatically reached out to it and my fingers caressed her cheek.

"I'm sorry," those words left my mouth as a whisper.

This was the first time I've ever felt these emotions.

My chest was hurting.

My mind was running a million miles.

I felt like exploding into a million pieces.

I felt like going on a killing mission.

I wanted to kill every single person that touched her, bring them back to life again and kill them again.

Was this how people felt when their loved one gets hurt?

Was this how my father felt when my mom died?

Why did it hurt so much?

Why was the pain overwhelming?

"You were pregnant," I couldn't even believe those words that I said.

She was pregnant and Sahin had the fucking guts to ruin her!

My wife was pregnant with my own child and he had the guts to touch her and treat her like she was a piece of trash.

My life had been empty for those days without Rose.

I looked at her beautiful face again.

There was no way I could ever forgive myself for causing her this pain.

But I was going to amend my ways.

That was a promise.