38

ROSALINE

"What do you want to eat?" Alexei asked me. Everyone was in my room, Yeka was seated on a couch that was at the corner of Alexei's room while Blaze, Vlad and Igor were leaning on the walls.

Alexei was standing in the middle of the room with his phone in his hand and Blakely was on the bed with me. Her head was on my lap while I stroked her hair.

I missed her beautiful blonde her so much.

"Do I get to ask for anything?" I asked. Alexei nodded at me and I grinned. "I want a parfait with a lot of fruits. That's my appetizer. Then, I want a bagel, a croissant, a spicy burrito, a chicken burger, chicken salad and then chocolate cake. I want the parfait to be large sized," I listed and everyone looked at me with wide eyes.

Alexei looked at me like I was crazy.

"What? A woman has to eat," I defended with narrowed eyes and they laughed while Alexei looked at me with a knowing look. I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Get some rest while we go and get your food," he said to me. "I'm perfectly fine," I said to him as I watched him carefully pick Blakely up into his arms. She was already asleep.

"The doctor said you need to stay in bed to recover," Yeka told me. "For how long?" I glared at them. "Two weeks," Blaze and Vlad chorused. I turned to Alexei in disbelief.

"You must be kidding me!"

"Unfortunately, we aren't. Yeka will look after you," Alexei said and kissed my forehead before walking out with the others and Yeka grinned as she stood up.

"Please tell me this is a sort of joke," I looked at her. she shook her head; her blonde hair was falling out of her bun.

"Don't worry, we'll have fun."

About thirty minutes later, Igor came back with everything I asked for. My stomach growled in approval and Yeka laughed as I dug into my food.

I couldn't stop the moan from escaping me as I snacked on my burrito.

"This is so spicy! It's so fucking good!" I moaned. "I'll get you something to drink so your eyes won't start to water," Yeka said and walked out of the room.

By the time she came back, I was already done with my burrito and chicken burger. Yet, I was nowhere near full. "Here you go," she handed me a large glass of wine.

I grinned and took a gulp.

I glared at her, "It's grape juice!"

She gave me a sheepish smile, "It's good for your health." I scowled, "I'm not dying for crying out loud. Why can't I have wine or champagne instead?"

"The juice is refreshing, it's cold. Stop overreacting and eat your food," she laughed. I huffed and turned my attention to my chicken salad. "Want some?" I asked her as I raised the plate to her.

She shook her head and laid beside me on the bed. "I'm full," she patted her stomach and I nodded.

"So how is everything with Vlad? Did it work out or do I need to kill him?" I asked her jokingly. She chuckled and sat up straight. I turned to look at her. she had a big smile on her face.

"I confessed my feelings. I already made up my mind to accept everything that came after that but then he told me he loved me too. At first, I was too stunned to speak. I was waiting for him to say he was joking," she said as her cheeks began to heat up.

I couldn't tame the happiness I had for her. "Are you guys dating now?" I asked her. she shook her head, "No, not yet. After the whole thing with you, it wouldn't seem right."

I scoffed, "You both are dumb. Get married and have kids already." She laughed at my response and laid back down, "He promised to stop seeing other girls."

"I'm so happy for you, Yeka," I said to her as I took a sip of my grape juice.

Well, it wasn't actually that bad.

She could have given me a grape flavored wine instead.

ALEXEI

"Alexei," I heard Blaze call as he took a seat in front of me. I looked at him from my glass of whiskey and raised a brow. "You have my attention," I stated and dropped my phone which was in my other hand.

I beckoned to Anya to get him a glass so I can pour him some of the whiskey and she obeyed.

"It's about my little sister," he started and I nodded.

"I'm going to be direct and straight. Do you love her?" he asked. Anya placed a glass in front of him and I leaned forward to pour the drink. "Yes, I do," I said as I did so.

I heard him clear his throat. I leaned back and looked at him. He had a lot of resemblance with Rose but he was a lot taller. They had the same birthmark on top of their left nostrils.

Yes, I was that observant.

"She and Lisa are all I have left. I don't want anything to happen to her," he said to me. I nodded, "You have my word." He sighed and cracked his knuckles before downing the whole content of the glass in his hand.

"I'll be leaving soon. Please protect her and let her know she is loved. I know why I say so," he said and stood up.

I nodded and watched him leave.

"Thank you, Anya," I said to the woman as she cleaned up the island. She waved me off, "I'm just so glad and happy Rose is back. I can't even believe she's pregnant! I'm going to be a grandma!"

I chuckled, "You're too giddy for your own good." She giggled. "But when are you going to tell her?" she asked me.

"When she gets better, I'll tell her and we'll go to the hospital for a checkup," I explained and she squealed as she went back to the sink.

"Bro," Vlad walked in and tapped my shoulder. "I want to punch someone," he said playfully and I knew what he meant.

"Let's pay that old hag a visit," I muttered and stood up.

The loud cries of Sahin Hakan filled the air and it was like music to my ears.

"How does it feel to experience the pain you caused to most women and their families?" Vlad asked as he finished cutting off the bastard's last finger.

"Go to hell!" Sahin had the audacity to say. "You still have a dirty mouth," I said as I picked up a bucket of sulfuric acid and walked towards the bleeding fool.

"I do not regret what I've done to those useless creatures," he said to me and I saw Vlad scrunch up his face in disgust. I rolled my eyes and poured the bucket on him; careful enough not to get a splash on my body.

He cried louder as I heard sizzling in the air.

His whole body was now red with fresh and peeling. It was an ugly sight but it was also very satisfying.

I've dealt with a lot of evil animals, but he was the worst of them all.

"Enjoy yourself," I said to him and walked out of the room.